1/19/12

Gluten Free Pizza Pie...That's Amore

That's AhWhatta I say...

That's AhWhatta HiHoney said, too...and he's not EVEN Italian...but he does 'Sing' like DeanO!
(that's ahwhatta he thinks, but he really can't hear over the shower sprayer)
As You can see it's really a PIE!  A Gluten Free PIZZA PIE! 
Here's the Dry Stuff and Crust Makin'....

My Favorite GF Cookbook - The Gluten-Free Gourmet
(available on amazon.com...see Link...bottom of post)
Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour or EnerG Tapioca Flour
Bobs Red Mill Rice Flour...in Apple Canister
Clabber Girl Baking Powder
ARGO Corn Starch
Hodgson Mill Xanthan Gum**
Carnation Powdered Milk
Salt and Sugar
PYREX Mixing Bow
Sifter...optional...I just like to sift!
Measuring Cups and Spoons

Oh!  I forgot...It's YEAST Free, too! Bette Hagman...author...says...
For a thicker pizza crust, try this easy recipe, which requires no rising but tastes like a yeast bread crust.

I followed this recipe pretty closely just added a couple of things...sugar and Xanthan Gum.

**Xanthan Gum...This is my first time to use Hodgson Mill's individual packets.  I found them at
Midland, Texas
They are convenient and pre-measured.  I usually buy and keep in the Fridge a larger bag of Xanthan Gum.  It too is available in many Health Food Stores and some grocery stores Gluten Free Sections.  I order mine (available on amazon.com...see Link...bottom of post).
Now... LET'S DO THIS...


  read more....to the left...just click on it...there's more to this post...lots more...recipe...Fillin' Fixin'...baking...serving...and...EATING!



Follow Bette's measurements and instructions...with Sue's additions of...
1/4 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum and 1 tablespoon of sugar.

Subsitute her 2 tablespoons of shortening for 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter....it's a Julia Thingy! 

Didn't you just LOVE Meryl Streep as Julia in Julie and Julia?  I've been an unsalted butter user ever since!

Cut the butter in with a pastry cutter or a fork or your hands.  I like to feel all Chefy and start out with the pastry cutter...always end up as Sue Crocker with dough all over the place.

I also UPed the water measurement...just add as needed to make the dough stick together better...if you get it too sticky sprinkle with one of the flours...you'll know when it's just right!

This recipe makes enough dough for TWO Pizza Pies!
Spray your PIE Plate then shape ONE of your Dough Balls to fit with a lip around the plate rim.
Sprinkle with with Italian Spices and even some parmesan cheese if you like.
Set aside and get ready for Fixin' the Fillin'.


Mmmmm...the Sauces, the Pepperoni and the Cheese!
Here's some of the products I use!  I've checked them out as Gluten Free!
Be sure and Read the Labels on pre-made Sauces...some use Wheat and preservatives like MSG.
This goes for Soups, too!
Now... Let's MakeAhDa Pizza Pie!

Now... Let's Cut Serve and Enjoy!

About the Other Pizza Dough Ball...
Bette suggests to Make Up a second Pizza Pie...just like the first one and put it in the freezer!
I love this idea....but....
I'm going to use the Other Dough in the morning for a Breakfast Pizza!

About the Left Overs...
There Weren't Any!!!



Thanks Ya'll,

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! That looks deeeeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good, Sue! I also enjoyed reading about your "unusual" wedding and photos . . . what a great day that was and all the days still are! You two are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.