3/16/12

Fenton Silver Crest...1940 Art Glass

CollectIn' The 1940's


Thank goodnes it didn't SELL!!!!
My Collection of Fenton Silver Crest Art Glass
If it had, I wouldn't have it to promote the 1940 US Census Community Project.
As most of you know I love Collecting Dishes.  Especially those from the 1930's through the 1960's.
Silver Crest is one of Fenton's patterns that started in the 1940's.  This pattern is also made as Emerald Crest and Aqua Crest. 

Fenton Art Glass Company has been turning glass into fine art since 1905, and continues today to be among the foremost glass manufacturers in the world.  Known for its beautiful colors and patterns, Fenton continues an American tradition with it's skilled glassworkers and talented decorators.

Frank L. Fenton kept the company in the forefront of  Artisan Glass industry, but during the Depression Era and the early years of World War II, Fenton also produced practical items such as mixing bowls and perfume bottles. Fenton History - About Fenton Art Glass Website.  Fenton Art Glass is now in it's Fourth Generation of the Art Glass Industry.  View the Fenton Family Tree.

My favorite piece...The Two Tier Tidbit Tray.
The demand and plentiful supply for Silver Crest has made it one of Fenton's most recognized line.
My Silver Crest Collection and I are Ambassadors for
The 1940's US Census Community Project
to be released
April 2, 2012
 Upon it's release, the 1940 Census Community Project, a joint initiative between Archives.com, Family Search, findmypast.com and other leading genealogy organizations, will coordinate efforts to provide quick access to these digital images and immediately start indexing these records to make them searchable online with free and open access.
You, too, can support the 1940 US Census Community Project
by volunteering as a 1940 US Census Indexer.
the1940census.com
Click on Badge and Get Started Today!
Linking To

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Sue. Don't have any of it here, but I think my mom might have some. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take my breath away! I love it. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy St. Patricks Day. Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    I actually used to live near the Fenton Glass Mfg. company in Ohio. I lived in WV and it was only about two hours away. I have been there many times and it's fascinating to see how they make this lovely stuff.

    Glad you collect it. It's beautiful.

    Hope you are doing well.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice collection started. I have seen Fenton things for years but never knew the history of the company. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fenton pieces are beautiful. Hope I find some to buy, I really love them. Wish you all the luck of the Irish!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fenton and HISTORY! This project sounds amazing and wonderful! I'm excited to check it out!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I collect Fenton Silver Crest, and my 3 tiered tid-bit is my favorite piece too! A long time ago I decided all of my plates and serving pieces should be white or clear so they'd go with every tablecloth... saw FSC and fell in love! Happy St. Patty's Day Sue:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Fenton, Sue! I have always admired this beautiful glass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one piece that was my Grandmothers.

    16 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the fenton- my fave!
    Happy SPD and Pink Saturday!
    Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.