4/13/16

AtoZ Letter K...KnitWit Kwik Knitting

I like projects that are fast, fun and finished.  I do most everything at the speed of light, and that is how I attacked knitting....with a vengeance.  Guess what?  Knitting is not a speed demon's friend.

I learned the hard way how knitting requires patience and taking time to smell the roses yarn.  About all I got to smell was a whiff of that stuff they wave under your nose when you pass out. 

It's what happens when you suffer from an illness brought on by having to knit TWO things just alike.  It's called SSS...Second Sock Syndrome and Second Sleeve Syndrome.

For this 'Once Is Enough' knitter, socks and sweater started projects always ended up in the UFO (Unfinished Object) pile or in the Yarn UnWinder Basket.  Love my Yarn Ball Winder...it works great as an Un-knitter!

One thing about the Winder...it is speedy!  A perfect addition to a Speed Demon Knitters cache of tools. Mine stays bolted to the table during the knitting seasons....yes, I am a seasoned I mean seasonal knitter.

During sock and sweater season,  I un-knit onesies knitted the winter before.   I also re-wind some yarn balls just because ...well, just because.
  The speediest tool in my Kwik Knitting Arsenal is my BOND Knitting Machine. 
I call her Bonda!
Together, we can knit up a pile of scarves in just a few hours.
She is Fast, Fun and Finishing is just a few Kwik Crochet Edgings Away!

16 comments:

  1. How fun! Now I really want a knitting machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is FUN and FAST. Bond still makes machines like mine, and more affordable than when I got mine 20 years ago. You'll love it, too.

      Delete
  2. I want that pink scarf please :) You are clever beyond words! Leanne @ cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne. I have sooooo much of that pink yarn, and have made lots of pink scarves. Come to Texas and get one!

      Delete
  3. I'd just keep that unwinder going all the time. Do knitted socks have to match? fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a single pair of matching knitted socks...at least not ones I made! I do...keep the unwinder busy rewinding balls of yarn...just because...it's fast and fun!

      Delete
  4. I like good Bonda! She is amazing, as are YOU, Miss Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is, and you are so sweet to include me in her amazing-ness!

      Delete
  5. Not a knitter but that machine looks pretty cool!

    www.asmile4ufromJanet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more than cool and hot at the same time.

      Delete
  6. I am a knitter, one of which "quick" doesn't describe at all. I'm a turtle knitter and have spent more than my share of time un-knitting, too. One way to beat the twosies-bluesies (just made that one up!) is to knit both socks/booties/whatever at the same time on the same needle. I've done it before with baby booties and, aside from sometimes getting tangled up in the yarn, it did make it much better. With them both on the same needle, it wasn't really like I was having to make two of them and they were both finished at basically the same time. So, no having to dread making the second one. :)

    We have a couple of knitting machines that we got years ago, but have never figured them out. We would go for a row or two just fine, then it would start dropping stitches. We just gave up on doing it with a knitting machine. We use looms and regular knitting needles these days.

    That is a pretty color pink in your photos up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning the 'Two at a Time' method of making socks and sleeves. I tried that as a solution, and was awesome at getting the two skeins of yarn tangled up and somehow knitting the two socks together...I mean together as in knitted together. Perfect Siamese Socks!

      Delete
  7. Well doesn't this look fun? I have never been a knitter, but I do know how to crochet and sew.

    I'm visiting from the A to Z Challenge.

    Shelly @ http://hangryfork.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun and fast. I bet since you are a crocheter you would enjoy knitting, too. Start with something not a pair! LOL!!!

      Delete
  8. My mother taught me to knit and purl but I never completed anything - just practiced. I fear I would have been one who didn't want to repeat the same project. I love craft shows and crafters, but I always think to myself, "How can you make a gazillion of those? I'd be sick of it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all you need to know for basic knitting...knit and purl. So you can claim to be a knitter! I'm no good at making two of anything, so a gazillion is totally out of the question. That's one reason I can absolutely claim a handmade project is a 'One of a Kind'...LOL!!!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.