10/18/11

Tuesday Tip ~ That's A Fact, Jack!

Tips to Find Missing Ancestors!  Boy Howdy, am I all over that SubTitle in every Search from Google to Graves. 

Bless her heart and memory, my Great Grandmother Martha Jane Marley Carroll's name has been thrown out there on the World Wide Web, dug up in every Cemetery Listing in Texas and scrutinized in every photo of her in existence...or at least those in my possession.

Here she is in about 1905.  I know this is her.. as I was Tipped Off by the handwriting on the back of the photo which says,  "me, Mrs. M J Carroll".  So into the 'For Sure's Stack' and posted in The Family Tree on ancestry.com where all of a sudden...
TIPS GALORE in the form of a Fluttering Green Leaf!

I don't know about you, but I take GREEN as meaning Go For It, and HINT as a Fact Jack!  I so need some FACTS on 'Where Art Thou Now Martha Jane'.
Here she is about 1952 when I last saw her. 
 Yep, I actually have seen her and probably said Hi and Bye all in the same breath.
I was much more interested at the age of 5 in riding bikes with a hunky older cousin.

Now I am older and wiser and without any Family Members that know where and when Martha Jane Marley Carroll died....what's one more Web OutThere name to crawl all over...maybe it will lead to a Tip or at least another Fluttery Green Leaf.

Since becoming a member of GeneaBloggers, the search for MJ's Vital Info has been renewed with a Slew of Tips.  Geneablogger and Tuesday Tip contributor Random Mews' post on How To Locate Sisters and Daughters has a Ton of Tips that I'm hoping will shed some light on Martha Jane Marley Carroll...(once more for the crawlers). 

In the meantime if you see anyone or any photos resembling this couple, I'd appreciate a ShoutOut!
That's a Fact Jack!
Welcome Tuesday Tip GeneaBloggers




10 comments:

  1. I know the names of my family - but finding something out about them is hard - you're doing great.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like you are having some luck finding some info on her. My Father died when I was only nine years old and I cannot find any info on his Father no matter how much I dig around. It's almost as if he didn't exist.
    My niece has done a wonderful job tracing my Mom's side but is stumped on our Dad's family.

    Keep up the good work.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun finding lost relatives!!! I love seeing the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying all you ancestor posts. You have some great old photos of them. I have quite a lot of information, but am short on the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my admiration for your in depth search; it makes me want to weep, thinking about digging all that hard. I know my GrandMother's people came here in 1654 but not sure about GrandDaddy's people...on Daddy's side. Nothing much on Mama's side, I'm sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a couple of friends who love genealogy and have been verys successful. I have never been able to find out much about my father's family, but a great aunt traced my mother's paternal side, all the way back to Wales in the 18th century and wrote a wonderful story about the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sue, and thank you for visiting my blog! I found your blog this weekend through GeneaBloggers' list of new blogs and was very excited to see another Texan's blog! I'll be adding you to my Texas blog list as well, and will be following your blog with great interest. (And don't worry, I won't be minimalizing my Texas ancestors - I adore them!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep on digging! You're inspiring me to take a try at this ancestor-finding. My dad has done quite a bit and (surprise!) most of our family ended up in the USA - not many of us opted to stay on the stony Cape Breton soil.
    Your Great Grandmother is so sweet in her dress and bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing you guys can trace so far back. Me ( the country Chinese, we can trace 4 generations.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My paternal great grandfather Martin was married to my mom's brother's wife Ang's mom Angela! Whew! My great grandmother passed away and he remarried. But they are buried in the family cemetery back home with their first spouses. I love family history! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.