2/1/15

Best Things About February

There are plenty of great things happening in February.  I've heard it said that the best thing about February is that it's no longer January.  In many ways, I agree, but since January is my birthday month, I am thankful for that one day, for sure.  

So what other great things are there about February?  I guess since this February 1st of 2015, I should document for posterity...Super Bowl XLIX...going on as I speak!  

February has two Zodiac signs and since my birthday starts one of them, I find that a good reason to like February and feel connected to other Aquarians whose birthdays are between January 20th and February 18th.   For the rest of February through March 20th, the Pisces people celebrate their moon rising with compassion and falling in indecisiveness.  They are complicated.

One of my favorite things about February is its' birthstone...the Amethyst.  My second favorite gemstone next to my own birthstone...January's Garnet.  Makes sense, doesn't it...first and second months...first and second gemstones!  I am beginning to disagree with those who say the best thing about February is that's it's no longer January. 

Usually the first thing we associate with February is Valentines.  I'm no different...as you can see by the change in this blogs February makeover.  No worries, it is a short month and another change is only 28 days away.

 Are you a fan of February's Flower of the Month?  Who doesn't love violets?  Besides it fits so perfectly with the Valentine poem...
Roses are Red.
Violets are Blue.
Sugar is Sweet.
And So are you.
Of course there are other versions like...
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Onions stink.
And so do you.
How about this one for a pick up line...
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Chili is hot and so are you!
Really...would you fall for that?
I bet Lucy Did!
 
 
Welcome February!!!

6 comments:

  1. Feb 3rd is the BEST day in Feb. Hey, heard you got lots of rain in January. Maybe it'll keep raining, and you'll get double the average for Feb, too. At least you don't have our snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has been nice, and more than usual...we will take it. Crazy weather...too cold to snow...but ice we have had. February 3rd....hmmmm...thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  2. well, I shall look at February as Sue's birthday month and more. It tends to be a tad bleak -even here in DFW area. But Feb is good for hearts and flowers. Enjoy your Feb and stay warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall concentrate on the hearts and flowers and wait for March winds to blow away the clouds that bleak out the sun. Staying warm is top of my list in winter...you do the same.

      Delete
  3. Cute post! I don't ever enjoy February that much...Valentines Day was only special when I was a child. It's such a cold month, and we don't follow sports, so don't watch the Super Bowl. I'm still reeling from Christmas and four birthday celebrations in December & January. My hubby hits that Aquarian timeslot with his Jan 31st birthday. :-) As February begins to decline I start looking forward to spring and Easter. Hope you do stay warm. I am sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...am still behind with catching up on comments. I am glad we have things in common. Hope we have a long, continued blogger friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all use February as a transition time toward Spring...I sure do. However, March in Texas is windy, so Spring sometimes gets blown away to come back in May. So glad you stopped by. I'll be visiting you, too.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.