7/3/14

Two Reviews...Squash Recipe & Joanne's Jersey Boy's Review

BoyOhBoy!!! Do we LOVE Summer Squash, Okra and Tomatoes!!!
Especially picked right out of OUR Garden!
It's has been a **long time since I shared HiHoney's Grandmothers Squash Recipe,
so I'll do that as Review #One.

Squash Cassrole
2 lbs. Squash
2 onions (chopped)
1 box Stovetop Corn Bread Stuffing
1/2 cup Butter (melted)
1 cup Gratted carrots
8 0z. sour cream or 1 cup condensed milk (not deluted)
1 can cream chicken Soup
 
Slice Squash & put in pan with onions and little water. Simmer 5 min. Drain well. Do not follow directions on stuffing box.
Place crumbs in small bowl & add melted butter.
Stir to mix well. In large bowl combine all ingredients - Holding back 1/2 cup of crumbs.
 Butter pour other ingredients in 2 qt. Casserole that has been lightly greased.
Top with the 1/2 cup crumbs.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 min.
**Squash Better Tasting Than Socks...2010 post
Have you seen the new movie JERSEY BOYS?
I haven't, but I after reading Joanne's Review, I want to now even more than before.
The TV Promos have been enough to make it sound like a movie I felt like I would go to the theater to see since it is one from my 'Teen Years'.  I very well remember Sherry Sherry Baby and The Four Seasons.  I have taken Joanne's recommendations on Movies and Books.  She really nails it on both.  I think you will enjoy and find her Reviews well written and a good indicator of whether you will read or go see based on her review.  Here is the link to her blog...Word Splash.
 

I'm groovin' in the Kitchen...Four Seasons and Squash Casserole...Yeah Baby!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the plug combined with healthy food - excellent. Can't go wrong with the high notes. Too fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.