12/9/12

FridayNiteW/Friends...I Knitted

Friday Night with Friends is an ONLINE Group hosted by Cheryl at Gone Stitchin'.   For the First Friday of the Month, Cheryl posts a Linky List with this encouraging 'LeadIn'....
...Get your project in mind, tee up the hubby to feed the children, chill the wine... and come on by on Friday night to sit and sew, stitch, knit or crochet... what ever YOU like to do... we just do it with blog FRienDs.
Link up now and then on Saturday go visit the other "friends" who participated and see what they accomplished.
No one judges... we only encourage.

EverYOnE is WeLComE...
 Don't you just LOVE the enthusiasm and ingenuity of the Young Women of the TwentyFirst Century?
They are making the most of technology and taking
Sewing, Quilting, Knitting, Crocheting, Needlework and Crafting to a Whole New Level.
As an 'Old School Gal', I'm here to tell you that it's never too late to 'Teach An Old Dog Gal' NEW TRICKS, and I'm so enjoying the ONLINE Groups, Guilds, and SewOn (etc etc etc).  With that said, I'm also here to tell you that being a member of one's Local Brick and Mortar Guilds, is, and hopefully always will be, an important aspect of Needlework and Crafting.   
This is what I worked on Friday Night and am sharing with my Friday Night Online Friends.
My Local Knitting Guild, the Concho Valley Knitters, are knitting blocks for our Charity Project.
Here's December's block, 'The Basket Weave'.
I hope to make several before our next meeting. 
If I don't get to Repeating Rows 13 thru 16 pretty quick...I'll be on this same block for
NEXT Months Friday Night With Friends!
That would be a Good Thing...the Wine is chilled!
Linking To:

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to share with like minded souls. I like the basket weave pattern. I had forgotten about it. Haven't done it for a long time. Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jeanetteann, it is a great way to share with those who have the same interests and passions. The internet has opened up a whole new world.

    I like this pattern...it's Quick and EZ. We get a new pattern every month. They are going to get progressively more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My niece Karla and my sister-in-law Cheri do this! They are very good at it! Just like you! Always fun to see what you are up to! Or as my friend Alyn always says "About five foot seven!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.