9/19/15

Home Sweet Home and Rag Rug Quotes

There are lots of quotes about 'HOME'...here are few of my favorites:

Where thou art, that is home.  Emily Dickenson
 
Once you get a spice in your home, you have it forever.  Women never throw out spices. 
The Egyptians were buried with their spices. 
I know which one I'm taking with me when I go.  Erma Bombeck
 
Believe it or not there are quotes about 'RUGS' too....
 
When someone beats a rug, the blows are not against the rug, but against the dust in it. Rumi
 
I feel like I could be likened to an old hound circling on a rug for the last five years. Neil Young
 
I like my house to be unique to me. 
Sure, I've bought plenty of things and put them together in my home,
but the rug you found at the flea market is so unique, it takes your room
from carbon copy to simply yours.  Nate Berkus
 
 
Where thou home...there is Art.
 
Once you've made a rug from rags...it will never be thrown out or wear out.
I will take it with me where ever I go.
 
I like my house to be unique to me.  This rag rug I made, is simply me.
 
Linking to

13 comments:

  1. We aren't big rug people. But here's a home quote by Pearl S. Buck that I have in my office
    "Where is my home?
    Where shall I find
    True freedom for
    the heart and mind?

    I find that peaceful. Enjoy your Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne for sharing her quote. What insight to the heart and mind she had. For a rug maker, I don't have many rugs on the floor...more on tables and dressers. Happy Saturday!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Texas Gal...I love this post and am borrowing one of the quotes as it fits me so well...:)
    Happy Pinks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting bj....I can imagine the quote that fits you so well....probably the one that fits me too.

      Delete
  3. I have one rag rug a friend did for ne many years ago. It is heart shaped and I treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh, a heart shaped rug...I have seen them and hope to make one...lovely! I have an oval one my mother made years ago...it's a treasure. Happy Pink Saturday, LV.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks....kinda big for a mug rug, huh?

      Delete
  5. Fun quotes - I love Erma Bombeck. I love your rag rug. It's on my list of things to make someday. I have a vintage one that I picked up that I think will last forever. Visiting you from Pink Saturday - and so glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. It is always nice to me another Erma Bombeck fan. Making rag rugs has been on my to do list for a long time. They do last forever.

      Delete
  6. I just love rag rugs and have a few around my house. It is true! They don't wear out! I love the colors in the one you made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue - what a great rug ... I'm not that keen on rag rugs ... but love it that people make them and love them. The colours are great ... I love reds and brighter colours ... rust, yellows etc .. that make my home - oddly a lot of my art is black and white ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quotes are good but I LOVE your rug! Fabulous and what a sweet reminder of a treat you gave yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.