11/3/21

The Art of Conversation

It has been awhile since I sat down to start a blog conversation, and I must admit it is quite like setting up to paint.  Also something I haven't done in a long time, but has been on my mind as of late.  I've gone so far as pulling out decades old portfolios, boxes of brushes, tubes of paint, sheets of watercolor paper and albums of photographs destined to be references for future paintings.  

It's not like I have that much of a problem starting.  It's finishing!  As I discovered in the decades old portfolios,  UFO's have been a part of my creative process for...well...decades.

In my defense, I am also a 'Multitasker'.  In fact, I'm what is known as an 'Ultimate Multitasker'.  My grace is saved by Merriam-Webster who says, 

A good multitasker is a person who can perform or manage many tasks at the same time.  The 'Ultimate Multitasker, routinely has a half-dozen or more projects under contract at the same time, all of which would be seen to timely completion.

Hmmm, the decades old portfolio UFO's kind of blows the 'Timely' completion.  However, my saving grace comes with the recent matting, framing, hanging and gifting more than a half-dozen finished pieces from the ancient portfolio.

Now, back to starting a blog conversation when you don't have much to blog about. 

Via Google, a page on Career Development suggested 13 ways to start a conversation.  After 13 years of Blogging I think I can loosely claim to be a career blogger.  Of the 13 conversation starters there were a few I considered:

~Introducing myself...probably a good one since I've been absent from blogging for 11 months.  Please see post 'Now Is The Time' for my explanation of absence.                                                                      ~Mention a shared experience...my goodness, but as bloggers we have certainly shared many experiences over the years.  How about those of us who have done the AtoZ Challenge, and all the posts about our Ancestors.  Bless their hearts and pasts for providing us with the challenge of depicting their lives in the face of adversity, historical significance and family connections.                                              ~Comment on the weather...as a last resort or instead of starting a conversation...ending one.

Welcome November!

2 comments:

  1. Howdy - welcome back and very fun post. Your art is so good and I always loved the cheeriness of your blog. And you are great at conversation - it's like an old friend. We can just slip back into comfortable mode with a cup of tea. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.