9/5/17

Window Sill View...It's Sew Fallish

There are several Owls perched on my Home Studio's window sill, and as you see this wise white owl watches over a mason jar of buttons.  I've found that a window sill works as a perfect perch for a number of things.  Besides being decorative, the miscellaneous sewing collectibles, buttons, threads and bric-a-brac are within reach when needed.
For some reason Owls give me the feeling of Fall and Winter.  Perhaps it's because the Great Horned Owl...like the one on my window sill...begins setting up it's territories in the Fall.  They mate for life, and in the Fall begin their courtship with a lot of loud hooting....then they set up tree housekeeping.  By January they take turns keeping their eggs warm and incubated.  So there ya go...a bit of Owl ornithology.
 
Most likely my sense of Owl Season can be traced to them being a popular subject for Fall holiday decorations in everything from scrapbook papers to Halloween hooters to Fall fabrics.  Ah ha...now we're on to something!  And right below the window sill and several rows of thread spools lies that 'Something'.
Auditioning Fall Fabrics for SusieQ Apron/Smocks.
I must admit though....beside the Owl inspiration...the big push to Fall Fabrics came from my Serger.
It's all about changing Thread Color and making the most of that color change!
Right Serger Sewers?

2 comments:

  1. A serger is on my sewing room wish list.
    I guess you do a brisk business with your aprons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall colors look fresh once again. A serger will never ever be on a wish list for me.
    ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.