1/19/13

The Right Stuff for Stitchin' Quilt Binding

Much Ado has been made about 'The Right Stuff'. 
It's a Book...It's a Movie...It's a Song!
And for Handstitchin' Binding...It's
A Cup of Coffee...A Leather Thimble...Needle and Thread...and TWO Favorite Things! 
 THREAD HEAVEN...It's soooo The Right Stuff for knot free stitching of all kinds,
but especially for stitching down binding. 
It conditions your thread and makes it slide through fabric without tangeling and making knots. 
It's easy to use and lasts and lasts and lasts! 
Look for it at your Local Fabric Shop or order it OnLine...Link at bottom of this post.
MAGNIFYING LAMP...It's soooo the Right Thing for 'Proper Lighting' and 'Saving Sight'!
Mine is a Thrift Shop Find many years ago.   
You can find the Desk Top Ott Light at most Fabric Shops or check out the one I found
 for you OnLine...Link at the bottom of this post.   
So now I'd better get back to stitchin' down the binding on the
When I finish, I'd like to read Kelly Long's latest book
Threads of Grace
Don't you just love reading 'Quilting Stories'? 

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely project! I admire quilting..I plan to follow you, one day I want to learn it. HPS Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I've never heard of thread heaven! Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an Ott light but didn't know they had a magnifier....

    I will have to try that thread though I was just using my quilting thread to finish up binding before this. It does want to knot sometimes, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soooo right about good lighting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the links! I've been meaning to try Thread Heaven for a long time - why I haven't, I'll never know. But I have a quilt I'm hand quilting and the binding is not far off -

    And a magnifying light - genius! I have an Ott light but not a magnifying one and, boy, do I need one!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info on thread Heaven. I'll check at JoAnns next time I visit. I have a friend who pays someone to bind her quilts but I really enjoy the binding part. "Different strokes for different folks."
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just went back and read your "head vase" posts. To die for! Your pieces are fabulous (very valuable too). I'm so glad you mentioned your collection to me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a quilter, but I bet I can put that Thread Heaven to good use when I embroider or hand sew!! I'm glad you mentioned Threads of Grace -- I love books about the Amish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recommendations of favorite quilting things! Your quilt is lovely. Hope you are doing well!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quilts are my weakness, but will leave the making to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing quite so comfy and lovely as a handmade quilt! I will check out this lamp for my mom.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with LV! I love quilts but I need a creative gal you (and Suzanne) to make them so special!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.