1/17/13

Butterfly Bundle Makes Fractured Flyers on Facebook

I have been Sewing Along on the 2013 SewAlong with Caroline at She Can Sew, and at last count 295 FACEBOOK Sewists.
Caroline created the SewAlong as an EVENT on Facebook ... it's been a huge success with participants posting their
Herringbone Blocks and sharing their Fabric Choices,
 their Ups and Downs of cutting and stitching, and their finished projects.

My first post here on CITexas Gal for the SewAlong is HERE...just in case you missed it and want to know what's its all about.
I've pieced TWO Wall Size Quilts...The Aztec Bundle and this one...The Fractured Flyers on Facebook!
There have been a couple of pictures posted on Facebook as I've been SewingAlong, but I'm waiting to post the Final 'TaDa' Photo after the quilting and binding are done.
Here's a Peek at the pattern I'm stitching on 'Fractured Flyers on Facebook'.
It's called 'Butterfly Feathers'...and yes, it has Butterflies stitched right in and over the
Butterflies on the quilt top.   
QuiltALottie...my LongArm Quilting Machine...likes this pattern and so do I. 
It just takes awhile to quilt as it's a fairly stitch intensive pattern. 
What was I thinking...designing a pattern that takes longer to quilt than it did to piece the blocks.
Oh well, it will be worth it...don't you think?
Do you see the stitched butterfly?
They will be flying all over this Butterfly Quilt when QuiltALottie and I are done.
There will be a Show and Tell....watch for it HERE on CollectInTexas Gal
and on


8 comments:

  1. Oh my, Sue, this is so colorful, cheerful like you and simply wonderful...I love, Love, LOVE your butterflies flitting about. Cannot wait to see the finale. I'm sure the butterflies will sing.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. the butterfly is gorgeous as I am sure the rest of the quilt is too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Sue. I've had a peek at facebook, some lovely work. I myself am not so busy because of a problem I have in my wrist. Hope it soon clears.


    Thans for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the quilted butterfly is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet butterfly! Your colours remind me of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the butterfly quilt design. It will be beautiful when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love butterflies so this is so special! I love the beautiful vibrant colors and know this one must make you smile a lot! Cheery and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.