4/23/13

Only In TEXAS Towns...AtoZ Letter T

"You know Jo, I've never heard of Tessellated T's until now.  Shoot, I never heard of Tessellate before.  Is it a Texas Town?"

"No, it's not a Texas Town.  It's a Math Thing.  My goodness, didn't you take Geometry in school? "

Really, it's not a town down by Turkey, Texas?   I could swear I've been through there on my way to Venus and Mars, Texas. 

 Josephine and I have been steadily working on her Texas Quilt, and over the course of these several weeks we've had a running commentary going with 'Have you ever been to (blank), Texas?.  The plan is to include these Only In Texas Towns on the 'Label' of  Josephine's Texas Our Texas Quilt.

The 'Label' is the finishing touch on a quilt and serves as a record about the who, where and when of the quilt.  We are going to need a BIG label in order to include all of these Only In Texas Towns.


~How about some Sun Lovin' Towns in Texas...Sun City, Sunrise, Sunset, Sundown, Sunray and Sunny Side, Texas.
 
~Are ya hungry?  These are Tasty Texas Towns...Bacon, Noodle, Oatmeal, Turkey, Trout, Sugar Land, Salty, Rice, Orange and Sweetwater, Texas.
 
~Why travel to Cities in the US...Texas has them all...Detroit, Cleveland, Colorado City, Denver City, Pittsburg, Newark, Memphis, Miami, Boston, SantaFe, Reno, and Pasadena, Texas.
 
~Feel like traveling Outside the Country?  No need for a passport in Athens, Canadian, China, Dublin, Egypt, Ireland, Italy, London, Paris, and Palestine, Texas.
 
~No need to travel to Washington, D.C. either....we have our own Whitehouse, Texas.
 
~We even have a city named after our Planet...Earth, Texas
 
~You'll find plenty of History in Santa Anna, Goliad, Alamo, Gun Barrel City, and Robert Lee, Texas.
 
~There's Towns for the Kids, too...Kermit, Elmo, Nemo, Tarzan, Winnie, and Sylvester, Texas.
 
~And just for Grins...Frognot, Bigfoot, Hogeye, Notrees, Best, Veribest, Kickapoo, Dime Box, Telephone, Telegraph, Whiteface and Twitty, Texas.
 
~ Josephines Favorites...Cut and Shoot, Ding Dong, and Muleshoe, Texas.
Ya'll Come to Texas. 
You will love our Smiley, Friendship, Comfort, Paradise and Sweet Home, Texas Towns
See Ya Tomorrow for Letter U

6 comments:

  1. I have to say that Texas sounds like a fun place! :)

    Have a great Tuesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness and I thought Pennsylvania had some crazy names for towns.
    I've enjoyed my visit to your blog, I just love history and quilts.
    Good luck with the rest of the challenge.
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Broome, population 2, is still there. Haven't driven thru there in over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue .. the thought of making a quilt out of tessellated tile fabric would make me shudder and I'll stay in my Eastbourne town here over the pond!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are such a good Texas girl! You make me like Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those categories of Texas towns. Too clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.