4/24/19

AtoZ 2019...Oh My 'U' Words & Photos

For AtoZ 2019, Word Prompts come first from 'Family Word Finder' ...
a thesaurus of synonyms and antonyms in alphabetical order. 
I take the first word and the last word of each letter and match it to a
photograph from my collection/files. 
Some invoke words in a story and others invoke that age old adage
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

First 'U' Word Prompt...Ugly
They say there is no such thing as 'Ugly Fabric'.  I'm guessing that goes along with "In the eye of the beholder".  However, my beholding eye does on occasion see some uuugggly fabrics!  Point in case...the greenish, brownish, yellowish, bluish, blahhhhish 5ish yards inherited from an estate.  Notice I said inherited...not a cent spent on the 'Ishie' stuff or any of the other 'Blahhhish Bolts'.  But, you know me...'Waste Not, Want Not' and I never turn down Fabric or Fiber no matter how ugly or lovely!
Once it is paired with a lovely color like turquoise, no longer does it's 'blahishness' seem important.  Instead it serves to highlight the fabrics with which it is combined.
Now, my beholding eye agrees......'There's is no such thing as Ugly Fabric.
 
Last 'U' Word Prompt...Utopia
A perfect place, paradise, Shangri-La in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico!
And then there was the beach and Sister Time....my idea of Utopia!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun with U
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait - was the name of your resort Shangri-la? I stayed in a resort in Playa Del Carmen that had artwork similar to that. I need to go look at my photos again. Maybe we crossed paths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The resort was Paradisus LaPerla. Was there this past February with my sister. Beautiful place...very modern...totally inclusive.

      Delete
    2. That’s it! I was there Feb 2012.

      Delete
  3. Your "ugly" post made me thinking about ugly sweaters, the one knitted or quilted for Christmas! I like this green fabric, would be great in a forest them quilt ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.