4/6/19

AtoZ 2019...Oh My 'F' Words & Photos

I am a 'Prompt Me' writer and photographer. 
 Give me a prompt and it's off to the writing races or photo shoot!
For AtoZ 2019, Word Prompts come first from 'Family Word Finder' ... a thesaurus of synonyms and antonyms in alphabetical order.  I take the first word and the last word of each letter and match it to a photograph from my collection/files.  Some invoke words in a story and others invoke that age old adage "A picture is worth a thousand words."

     FABRIC...Seriously how could that be the first word in the Family Word Finder's letter 'F'.  That word is a magnet for a Fabric-A-holic like me, and I could write a kabillion words about it.  Oh, wait, I have...110 posts listed under label SewingSo, for the sake of brevity, I'll feature one of my favorite collections of Fabric...Texas Themed Fabrics. 
     In my travels in Texas, I make a point to search out quilt shops and fabric stores for Texas and Western fabrics.  There are a handful of fabric designers and brands that design and mill these specific to Texas fabrics.  Moda and Alexander Henry are a couple.
      April is Wildflower blooming time in the Hill Country of Texas.  Here are some of the Wildflower Fabrics in my collection.  The most sought after is any fabric with the Texas State Flower, the Bluebonnet.  It has quite an interesting story about how it overcame the cactus to become the State Flower.  Blue Bonnet Lore is a post written for AtoZ in 2013.
   By the way...Fabric wasn't the first word, but the second.  So, I cheated...sorta...Fable was first...and so are parts of Blue Bonnet Lore. 

 Now about Fuzzy.  Lucky me... synonyms for fuzzy are blurred, indistinct, unclear and out of focus.  I couldn't resists shooting a series of night shots while cruising on the lake.  What a fun surprise when they were digitally developed.  Fuzzy wuzzy was not a bear, but a boat! 

3 comments:

  1. Fabric - if I didn’t know you better, I’d think you cheated, but I know you love a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric is in your fiber. That's the only F word you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wild flower in North Idaho.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.