4/27/19

AtoZ 2019...Oh My No 'X' Word & One Photo

For AtoZ 2019, Word Prompts come first from 'Family Word Finder' ...
a thesaurus of synonyms and antonyms in alphabetical order. 
I take the first word and the last word of each letter and match it to a
photograph from my collection/files. 
Some invoke words in a story and others invoke that age old adage
"A picture is worth a thousand words."
 
     Here's the deal with the First and Last 'X' Word Prompt....There are no 'X' Words in the 1975 edition of The Family Word Finder.  The book was prepared by the editors of the Readers Digest who evidently had as much or more trouble coming up with 'X' words as most of the AtoZ Challengers do year after year.  So, they just left it out!  Yep, it went straight from wry (last 'w' word) to yank (first 'y' word.
     Can't say I'm too torn up about it, tho!!! 
Now I don't have to match any words to this awesome 'X' photo!

10 comments:

  1. What?! Not even “xylophone “? That’s fairly common. You lucked out this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing there are no synonyms or antonyms for any 'X' words. Yes, got lucky...sure didn't have any pictures of xylophones.

      Delete
  2. "Now I don't have to match any words to this awesome 'X' photo!" The photo does the work. Good creativity.

    A to Z participant Narayana Rao Evolution of Operations Management

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twice the work, actually, 2 'X's in one shot. It might appear as if I go around shooting photos of doors....and I guess I did at one time...have a file marked 'Doors & Windows'.

      Delete
  3. Didn't need words for this - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of those 'Picture worth a thousand words'. But I did need to explain why there were NO words!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful double X ;) I love photos of doors, and this one is just perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it worked out well. Who knew it would be just what I needed for the Letter X.

      Delete
  5. X files...what's behind that door? Good pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to say it's got to be something lucky...horseshoe above the door is a dead give-a-way!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.