4/4/19

AtoZ 2019...Oh My 'D' Words & Photos

I am a 'Prompt Me' writer and photographer. 
 Give me a prompt and it's off to the writing races or photo shoot!
For AtoZ 2019, Word Prompts come first from 'Family Word Finder' ... a thesaurus of synonyms and antonyms in alphabetical order.  I take the first word and the last word of each letter and match it to a photograph from my collection/files.  Some invoke words in a story and others invoke that age old adage "A picture is worth a thousand words."

A Little Dab'll Do Ya! 
Remember that catch phrase in the 1950's commercial for Brylcreem?
It's still valid today for use on Red Mohawks!
Only not a priority when fishing!
 
Dynamic comes from the Greek word dynamis for power and is the basis for dynamite, dynamo and dynasty.  These are all words that describe the Mural Project and the man for which it was done, Elmer Kelton.  
Quoted in the New York Times as,
"One of the best of a new breed of Western writers who have driven
the genre into new territory." 

My connection to Elmer Kelton...have collection of his books...several autographed, and Elmer's brother was my neighbor and the principal where I taught for many years.

2 comments:

  1. That mowhawk is dy-no-mite! How fun to have a connection to someone famous. That mural screams TEXAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dynamic and Dab - definitely a worthy duo of D words. Love the mohawk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.