4/10/19

AtoZ 2019...Oh My 'I' Words & Photos

For AtoZ 2019, Word Prompts from 'Family Word Finder' ...
a thesaurus of synonyms and antonyms in alphabetical order. 
I take the first word and the last word of each letter and match it to a
photograph from my collection/files. 
Some invoke more words, and others invoke that age old adage
"A picture is worth a thousand words."
 
 First 'I' Word Prompt...Icy
Family Word Finder offers this example...Drive with caution...the roads are icy:  frozen over, glazed, slippery, sleety.  Then goes on to suggest synonyms cold, frigid, frozen, freezing, bitterly chilly, wintery, arctic, raw, bitingly cold, frosty, gelid. Now as a resident of Texas where Mother Nature can mix any or all of those with warm to blazing hot in 24 hours, I get all of those synonyms except that last one 'gelid'.  Is that even a word?  Let's see what google says...."Siberian cold"...wow...not even Texas Mother Nature does Russian winters.
 
 Last 'I' Word Prompt...Itemize
     So, itemize came right after 'item'...go figure!  Please itemize the purchases on the bill...example.  I'm sure all the ingredients were itemized on the cash register receipt when I shopped for all this stuff to make Cream of Cauliflower Soup.  I remember checking them off  my list one by one, specifying heavy cream, and enumerating how much of each item the recipe called for.  I even spelled out Cauliflower!
     Funny thing about the antonyms of itemize....they are words the recipe instructed to do to make the soup....combine, group and lump together. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful icicle picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture of ice in Texas? Oh, you had to remind me of winter. Aaaaaaaaaagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could have icicle now.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are making cauliflower soup too! Tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was so good!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.