4/23/19

AtoZ 2019...Oh My 'T' Words & Photos

For AtoZ 2019, Word Prompts come first from 'Family Word Finder' ...
a thesaurus of synonyms and antonyms in alphabetical order. 
I take the first word and the last word of each letter and match it to a
photograph from my collection/files. 
Some invoke words in a story and others invoke that age old adage
"A picture is worth a thousand words."


First 'T' Word Prompt...Table
 
     When setting up housekeeping, a kitchen/dinning table is usually at the top of the list...right after a bed room suite...which must include a bedside table or two.  I'm an eclectic table collector...they are necessary to display a variety of other collections including dishes.
      Tablescaping was a thing in Blogland back in 2012.  I participated in several 'Tablescaping Memes' that gave me the opportunity to play with my collection of dishes and all things for setting a table including table cloths.   
     As a collector of 'All Things Table Setting'...it is rare to find a table cloth that is in mint condition.  The Daisy Cloth was such a find.  Made by Simtex probably from the 1950-60 era.
 
Last 'T' Word Prompt...Tyro
Never heard of this word before now, but have been one my entire life....'A Learner'.  I started out as an beginner spinner 1 year, 2 months and 22 days ago....well, there about if counting from the month, week, and day that I got my own wheel.  I can't really count the times I tried spinning at the spinning group I belong to.  I'm pretty sure my patient teacher thought, "This greenhorn, novice, will never get the hang of spinning a decent thin strand of yarn".   
Sure enough she was spot on with the thin strand flowing through a .375" orifice.  I could clog that tiny thing with every other pump of the treadle.  There was a solution and it works perfectly for a thick and thin art yarn spinner.  It's called a Jumbo Flyer with a 3/4" orifice...pic #2.  Then there was treadling enough to get enough twist so the wad would hold together.  I actually could get twist...over twisted...cork screw tight...for a couple of inches then nothing...Failed the twist test.  Fill a bobbin?  Not enough time in the day when you have to start over a kabillion times.

     After all this time, you can imagine how filling a bobbin, making twist enough for coils and having enough yarn to actually make something has me breaking my arm patting myself on the back. 
     And that's just one of the bobbins I have managed to fill.  I now have several full hanging racks with Sue Spun Art Yarn in my Shop. 
                      Now both arms are broken.

2 comments:

  1. you were fated for the Table word since you can table cloth and table runner a ton.
    As for Tyro - you are always learning and then become Topnotch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage table cloths and yours really speaks to the 40s-50s. Tyro is a new word for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.