4/23/16

AtoZ Letter T...TEXAS Trivia

Texas is a State of Mind. Texas is an Obsession. Above all Texas is a Nation in every sense of the word. John Steinbeck

Texas IS an Obsession…Just ask any Texan!  Everything IS BiggerNBetter in Texas. Just ask any Texan!

Texas has it’s own language.  Just ask any Texan!  They’ll tell you Texans don’t have accents. You simply gotta understand TexasTalk.

For instance, in Texas all sentences should end in a preposition, and though English is the primary language spoken in Texas, for some reason, you have to learn Spanish in order to understand it.  Comprende!
 
How about some Texas Trivia via my 'Texas My Texas' Quilt.
~The Bluebonnet is the Official State Flower of Texas and the Yellow Rose is the Un-Official State Flower.
~The Mockingbird is the State Bird of Texas. 
~The Texas State Mammal is the Armadillo....Really! 
~Texas is known as the 'Lone Star' State and as the 'Friendship State' as seen in the block of Stars.
And the rest of the State of Texas Trivia
 
*State Capital...Austin
*State Tree...The Pecan
*State Song...Texas My Texas
 *Un-Official State Song~The Yellow Rose of Texas
*State Insect...Monarch Butterfly
*State Gemstone...Blue Topaz

Ya'll Come!

9 comments:

  1. I love that geometric version of the bluebonnet. Ending every sentence with a preposition has to be hard for English teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a good thing we don't get graded on our speaking grammar. It really is a neat bluebonnet pattern...I also like the applique one.

      Delete
  2. I haven't been in Texas since 1981 - the end of my spouse being stationed at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, Texas. Living in Texas was an experience for this New York gal - it taught me how to make true chili, it taught me how to make real ice tea, and I do hope to return one day to visit it again. By the way, your comment on my Q for Quilt post meant a lot to the woman who made that quilt-thank you! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been there. But my mom came down to see her brother during WWII. I believe they were or near Houston.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry if this comes through twice. My browser glitched.

    This is a great post, Sue. I love your quilt.

    I'm a South Carolina girl by birth and for the first 39 years of my life, but I got here as fast as I could. :)

    Have a blessed night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've learnt a lot about Texas now. Not having any Texan connections, the only thing I knew about your state was the hats and the oil. Coz I used to watch Dallas with my grandma when I was little :)

    Andrea from The Script Bible
    Volunteer in Damyanti's D Company #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue - great idea for T for Texas and Trivia ... and good snippets of pertinent relevancies to Texas ... love the Armadillo ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to educate these people in Illinois, about Texas, for years. Some of them are starting to understand....finally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sue - sorry I'm very behind in comments. You've had a great week of posts and you are all things Texan. I live here, but I'm not, and that's what makes the US interesting. Cheers to you for the coming week. I'll say "y'all" but never the "f ing word" - I only fix a meal...you know what I mean. !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.