4/6/16

AtoZ Letter E...EasyPeasy Embroidery

Embroidery is the handicraft of decorating fabric or other materials with needle and thread or yarn.  It has an ancient history dating back to the Medieval Islamic world where it was called the 'craft of two hands'.

Embroidery has a history as rich as the gold and silver threads used in garments and decorations throughout the ages.  As a collector of vintage embroidery, I have a special appreciation for 'two hands' embroidery. 

On the other hand...I am an advocate for the 'Modern Marvel' of embroidery...the computerized embroidery machine.  Commercial computerized embroidery machines have been around for quite sometime with Embroidery Businesses offering digitized logos and monograms for shirts, jackets, team apparel and so much more.  My first computerized embroidery/sewing machine for the home sewist was purchased in the early 1990's and has been upgraded several times.

The Quilt Collection card offers nine different patterns to embroidery.  For this quilt block, it was simple matter of inserting the card, selecting threads, stabilizing, centering and hooping the pieced quilt block.  Push the start button and sit back and watch the magic happen.
Finished Block and Finished Quilt.
Easy Peasy!!!

20 comments:

  1. That's a lovely design that could be done by hand but not as fast. Did you figure out how much time the machine saves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I've never gotten into (either quilting or embroidery). No, that isn't quite true - when I was a teen I got a little bit into cross stitching and crewel work. That machine sounds like it would be a time saver for a large project. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The machine also does cross stitching from a cross stitch card. It's the only way I do cross stitching...it's too crewel...I mean cruel on my eyes. Definitely a time saver especially for someone like me who likes instant gratification.

      Delete
  3. easy peasy for me to admire your work. Love those blues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....easy peasy for me to accept your admiration. I know...aren't those great blues...it was a winter scape project...perfect for ice blues.

      Delete
  4. Love that pattern! I have embroidered but by hand, not machine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is one of my favorites on that card. I love hand embroidery, too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Lovely!

    I've never tried machine embroidery before, but it looks like fun.

    As a child I was required to learn how to do embroidery. I didn't enjoy it. I haven't done much since I've been married, though I did do a crib quilt, and I have a queen size quilt about have way done. It's somewhere with the rest of my UFO's (Un-Finished Objects)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about UFO's...especially large hand embroidery projects. I see something shiny and get distracted, but will eventually get back to it.

      Delete
  6. That does look easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said...Easy Peasy! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Very pretty!

    I have an old Husqvarna Designer 1 that I bought new and I've never gotten around to using the embroidery features.

    Shelly @ http://hangryfork.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, Husqvarna Designer is a wonderful machine....you'll love the embroidery options it offers.

      Delete
  8. that pattern is gorgeous - and it's amazing what a sewing machine can do now days - I thought you still had to do all the driving - but it obviously isn't the case.
    Leanne @ cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing indeed, and the Sewing Machine Wizards continue with Magical 21st Century Technology. So much fun!

      Delete
  9. Embroidery is one first crafty thing I learn. I know quite a few people who does embroidery on there machine.
    Mine is pretty old but works well.
    Sure is pretty quilt. I haven't made one but it one my bucket list...Hopeful will get one done before my first grandchild Christmas...She due any day...Stop in from Ramblin with AM.
    If you find the time stop on in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep sewing strips together and before you know it there will be a quilt. Thanks for popping in from Alan's blog.

      Delete
  10. Wow! That doesn't look easy peasey to me. That looks pretty darn difficult. I'd probably sew my fingers together.

    I’m exploring different types of dreams and their meanings.
    E is for Epic Dreams
    Stephen Tremp’s Breakthrough Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a one finger deal...the one that pushes the start button. Thanks for stopping by Stephen.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.