4/20/16

AtoZ Letter Q...Quirky Quotes...Here's Your Sign!

Talk about a quirky coincidence...my April AtoZ Calendar and a 'Quirky Quote' in the right place at the right time...that being April 20th...Letter 'Q' Day!

As to the quote and why it sits on my desk...it was a gift...sorta!  While shopping with my sisters at Hobby Lobby (quote sign capital of the world) they spotted this sign and immediately said, "Sue, here's your sign".   Really!!!  Actually, it's true...as the oldest, it was my right...and still is!

It has nothing to do with being a 'True Texan'....well, maybe!

Speaking of being 'Right'...my siblings and countless others agree that this sign fits me to a 'T', too.  Really???  I can't help it if I'm always right, and this quote is a nice way of saying so.  I am sure you will agree...right!

Have you noticed how these days, there are Sign Quotes everywhere you look?  Social Media sites are flooded with posted Quotes that encourage you to 'Keep Calm and yadayadayad. 
As you might guess....I have a collection of 'Stitched Quotes'!
A Stitch In Time Saves Nine!
And one from Pinterest

7 comments:

  1. I need to get one of those bossy signs, too. I was the oldest as well. I don't think that I was too bossy, but I'm sure my younger siblings probably thought so.

    Your stitched quotes are great. :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - I am the eldest too ... and I suspect I fell into that group .. how fun to see the signs and then the Stitched Quotes ... we have lots of choice now ... will they be around for 200+ years I wonder ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!
    I almost spit my coffee out when I read the first quote! Guilty as charged!
    I hope you will share this at Thoughts of Home on Thursday this week.
    Just stop by my blog to join in.
    We would love to have you!
    Enjoyed visiting,

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. great quotes and yes, I'm the bossy oldest one to. Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooove quotes - I cyber collect them on Pinterest (I have thousands spread over several boards - told you I loooooved them) With your sewing and collecting I wasn't surprised at all to see that you had stitched ones :) Leanne @ cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see signs all the time that I relate to. When I was 9 or 10, I went on a vacation with my grandparents and bought my mom and dad some souvenirs. The one for my dad was a sign that said, "If you're so darn smart, why ain't you rich?" My parents thought it was hilarious and they actually hung it on the wall for awhile. I can't believe they ever threw it away, but when my sister and I cleaned out their house, the sign was no where to be found. I'd love to have it -- it still applies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your stitched quotes! Especially "a woman's place is in the world". Yes! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.