4/18/16

AtoZ Letter O...OLFA + OVER and OUT of JOB

You have heard the saying 'You can never have too many  __________'!  I can fill in the blank with any number of words, but in this instance it's a brand name...OLFA. 

Quilters can never have too many OLFA Rotary Cutters.  As you can see, I have one for each of the different blades...pinking, slip stitch, and straight cut. 

An absolute must have to use the rotary cutters is the OLFA MAT.  It protects surfaces like table tops as well as the rotary blades, and is self healing. 

OLFA Rotary Cutters, Mats, Rulers and Blades are mainstay items in Quilt Shops and Fabric Stores.  This I know as a former Quilt Shop proprietor and currently a Fabric Store employee.  Which brings me to the 'Over and OUT of JOB part of this 'O' post.
On April 1st, a nation wide liquidation began...including the Fabric Store where I work.   I went from part time hours to full time short-timer with projected closing in June.   Suddenly April became a double whammy time crunch with the AtoZ Challenge and 'OVER and OUT of JOB'. 
OMG...I'm GLAD I have a collection of OLFA!
Thanks for your visits and comments. 
I'll be playing 'CatchUp' when I CAN!

7 comments:

  1. Onward and upward! I left my job last year and thought that was the end of employment for me......I was so wrong! Since then I've found a fabulous job that has better hours, better pay and more appreciation. We mature women are rocking it still :) Leanne @ cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your positivity, Leanne....you are so right...we mature women are rocking it still.

      Delete
  2. I haven't done any sewing in a long time, but I always liked Hancock for the in-stock upholstery and supplies for various projects I've tackled. Stock up now, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Home Deco Dept. has great supplies and beautiful drapery and upholstery fabrics. Stock Up Now...that's been many of our customers motto!

      Delete
  3. When I heard of Hancock Fabrics going out of business I didn't dream I knew (through blogging) one of their employees. I wish sincerely that things work out well for you, that this is a blessing in disguise. And, taking a moment out for self-promotion, my Q post is for "Quilts" and another childhood memory. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am of the thinking that "When one door closes, another opens". Thanks for your thoughtfulness. This will be my fourth retirement and probably not my last. I will definitely be by for your 'Q' post.

      Delete
  4. When one door closes, another opens. Heavenly Father has something much better in mind for you. :) I can't wait to hear what that is!

    I agree. The OLFA products are great!

    Have a blessed night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.