10/17/10

Jack In The Basket...More Than Just Playing

When you see me combing the bushes for bugs,
Or packing my pockets with choice things I find,
Don’t pass it off as “just playing.”
For, you see, I’m learning as I play.
I may be a scientist someday.

When you see me engrossed in a puzzle,
Or “plaything” at my school,
Please don’t feel the time is wasted in “play”
For, you see, I’m learning as I play.
I’m learning to solve problems and concentrate.
I may be in business someday.

When you see me cooking or tasting foods,
Please don’t think that because I enjoy it, it is just “play”
For, you see, I’m learning as I play.
I’m learning how my body works.
I may be a doctor, nurse, or athlete someday.

When you ask me what I’ve done at school today,
And I say “I played,”
Please don’t misunderstand me.
For, you see, I’m learning as I play.
I’m learning to be successful in work.
I’m preparing for tomorrow.
Today, I’m a child and my work is play.
Anita Wadley

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful! And so very true... What a cute little man Jack is and I love the route of his discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable child. This is a precious post and you did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious little man you have there! I have a little grandson probably about the same age -- and we PLAY-LEARN every day. So much to discover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! We have one that looks about the same age - can't wait until his parents bring him home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable! What a sweet post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! He is a cutie. And it's true .. amazing what a basket or box can be turned into!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mosaic! Love the visit and comment you left too. Thanks so much for stopping by! Please come back again. I've joined as your newest follower, so I'll be back! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, love the shot of him tumbling out of the basket-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word...how adorable! I love his method of getting in and out of the toy basket....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable shots! Our grandson just turned one last month and exploring is what it's all about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack is the perfect subject of a mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who needs a room full of toys when the simplest of things can amuse a little one?
    Thanks for sharing your sweet pictures of Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great mosaic! What a cutie pie...so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun mosaic...I love taking pics of the babies...
    and thanks for your sweet words on my post.
    glenda xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply perfect and so is that sweet little man - Jack!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, I have pictures of my boys "helping" me do laundry at that age. What sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jack is super sweet and I can tell you love him lots! Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.