11/4/12

Taking Action and Piecing Blocks

Quilters are RallyRounders!
They are known far and wide for coming to the aid of those in need.

Once the word is out that a RallyRound Project has been started, quilters head for their Fabric Stashes,  Sharpen their Rotary Blades and FireUp their Sewing Machines.

That's what I did this morning on the first day of Falling Back to Standard Time...after checking in here on CITexas Gal.  I noticed that  Suzanne, the Colorado Lady, was 'Up and At Em' early with an announcement for Quilters to Rally Round the 'Taking Action Project' started by Erin of My Patchwork Life.  Erin's project is to benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy. 

She is asking for SIMPLE disappearing 4 patch blocks, they are a large block version and quick and easy to make! Erin requested florals and a solid or a fabric that reads a solid. Click HERE to see her post about the blocks.
Here are my Simple Disappearing Four Patch Blocks!
I made two of each for a total of six blocks!
For Real...Quilters Rule!!!
Linking To

12 comments:

  1. Way to go, Sue! Your blocks look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well put, and beautiful blocks! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed the link to see how that square was made. While I don't quilt, I do so admire quilts and quilters. I love the surprise of discovering that a complex-looking square was created with a very simple trick -- like this one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue you are a gem! Such a wonderful project for a great cause! Sandy torn through homes and lives and made a mess of so much yet at how it pulled people together! That is the marvelous thing about humans! What a blessing you are! Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice idea. I love, love, love your blue pieces.

    Happy Blue Monday, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilters are the best! Love your blocks. (())

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be a quilter! I love quilts and I love seeing all the wonderful blocks quilters make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post, wish I could get myself back to sewing and quilting I have so much stash it would last two lifetimes. Just needs stitching
    Love to see others who enjoy it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work and pieces! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, Thank you for your sweet comment today. I love the blocks you made so much. A wonderful cause to say the least. You do beautiful quilting work. This is a great project to benefit the sandy victims.

    Blessings,
    Love, jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful patterns!

    A late visit from Blue Monday.
    I hope that you can still drop by and comment on my BLUE post.
    Thanks and have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.