2/9/12

Shop The Mall...It Heals 'The Frumps'


Ya know, when you have a Big Ol Birthday like I just had, you are likely to have an attack of 'Feelin' Frumpy'.  You're standin' in the closet and everything  screams 'Old Lady'...'WornOut-TrashMe'...Buttons Gone-Ripped Butt'...'Go Shoppin', Already!

It's hard to part with those JCP Stretch Bell Bottoms.  But when you've stitched that  butt seam for the jillionth time...they're done!  Let them go!  Give them up! 

The Keds, too!  Face it Sue, they aren't even good enough for Goodwill.  Nobody's  bunion will fit just right in the hole you cut out and since you removed the liners for your OrthoInserts....they are done...finished...kaput!

So, to silence the screaming I went shopping!  I went to the mall.  I know!  I  N E V E R go to the mall. 

My GrandGals say it's the coolest place to shop...but Nana stay outta JCP...pha-leeeze!  And don't go to Sears either...that's why your closet is screaming!  I'm stunned...you mean there are other stores?  Oh, Yeah, Nana go to GAP or PINK or Scraps R Us or any of those Awesome shops!

So I did!  OMG!  I had no idea that mini-skirts were back and less material means more money.
Who knew that GAP stood for God Awful Pants!
Or that Scraps R Us clothes really were made from scraps and little bitty scraps at that,
and that PINK meant that EVERYTHING in the store was...

 Now this was a COOL Shop! 
 I actually did Shop in here and HiHoney tried out the Zebra Shoe and said it was comfortable!
After stripping the manequin of that Pink Top...why is it she's always wearing the last one in my size...I spotted the Clearance sign next door.  I did not know they did Ear Piercings for half price!  What does that mean?  Does that count for Just One Ear or one Body Part Pierced? 
I asked HiHoney if he wanted to check it out!  I got 'The Look'!  It was piercing! 
So we went to the other Next Door Shoe Store!
 Please, God...do not let the Trash Truck come today!  Please let my Keds be safe!
We went right back next door to PINK for....
I explained to HiHoney that buying this bag would save him lots of $$$!!!
How do you figure that, he asked?
It's simple...by carryin' this bag Nobody...I mean nobody...will notice my Keds!
I got 'The Look'...again...it was piercing!

As Always...Thanks Beverly for Making Saturdays Pink!

17 comments:

  1. Sue I can't even begin to think of putting any of those clothes on my plus size body. And those shoes...I would be more crippled then I already am....clothing like that was meant for the young. I've become a jeans and tshirt gal for sure. Cute post, made me smile. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend, I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by and get your award. Love ya~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I could never wear those spiked heels!But I do love that purse!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. HPS & Valentine's Day!!!


    OMG! You really, really made me laugh at this post...Hilarious!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and that pretty pink shop.
    Happy pink SatudY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard that abbreviation for GAP before, I have found things in there but its been few. We don't have the store Pink here but I don't think I'm probably missing anything. Hope you got your Keds back!!!!! Happy Valentines Day
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday Sue Sweetie...
    Oh I am SO LOL. How hilarious is this post. Love it that someone else has noticed the length again, and some of these clothes, Paleeez. Yes that is why we love our JCP and Sears. They actually have clothes that cover us. They also have panties that are complete, not just strings.

    Love the shirt you chose though. Can't wait to see a photo of you in it. It is so cute. Thank you for the happy heart this evening. I can always count on you for a smile. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sue, You did make me laugh my self into a spasm. I am proud of you for going to the "Mall" I too hate going to the mall. Love your sense of humor and I do think you should have bought the purse. HA!

    Happy Pink Store, I mean Saturday.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    PS: I started quilt lessons again. It has been 21 yrs. since I tried quilting earnestly. I just might surprise you with some quilt posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I hope you got that purse and that teesy weensy skirt to go with it. And Happy Belated Big Birthday. Cute post. xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday Sue, Very cute and funny post.I think there is a lot of that feeling frumpy feeling going around. I'm not sure Pink is my kinda store but it would be fun to check it out. Happy Valentine's day! Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you strut your Pink! So glad I saw you at Beverly's Pink Saturday. ~Diane (I am #16)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot stop laughing...what a cute post. Yeah my days of wearing those clothes and shoes are long gone (well maybe in my bedroom when no one is looking). I do enjoy shopping with my daughter though and thankful that she isn't a mini-skirt kind of girl. Happy Pink Saturday.

    Hugs, LisaKay
    Belles Roses Romantiques

    ReplyDelete
  13. The styles today are definitely not for someone my age. I just keep wearing the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great items for pink Saturday and valentines day....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun, fun, fun!Why don't you link your post to Seasonal Sundays?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh girl, you have what it takes to keep us laughing ...
    Happy Valentines Day to you and Hi Honey
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL!!! Your grandkids don't even want to know where I shop! Happy birthday, btw.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.