12/15/15

Practicing Purple Pursuits Prayer Shawl

 A friend began celebrating her Birthday ONCE a MONTH after learning that her Yearly Birthdays were limited.  I love the idea of a Chocolate B-Day Cake every month and the thought of fulfilling 'Growing Older' with loved ones.  
 
In support of her 'Growing Old' by the month, I suggested she should begin practicing wearing purple in reference to 'When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple'.  I mean who would want to miss....
"I shall go out in my slippers in the rain and pick flowers....in other peoples gardens, and learn to spit." 
 
Or have the chance to..."wear terrible shirts, eat three pounds of sausages at a go, and hoard pens and pencils and things in boxes".
 
I told her, "I feel it my duty as your friend to help you on your way in Practicing Purple Pursuits so others, who don't know you as well as I do, won't be shocked when suddenly you start wearing purple".

I explained to her about the purple shawl..."This is a prayer shawl.  I knitted and crocheted it just for you in the spirit of our shared 'Old Souls Friendship'.  As you wrap it around you, I pray you will feel God's arms holding you and know you are loved."

And finally..."Now, go practice wearing purple, but maybe you should hold off on learning to spit...especially while wearing this shawl".

Happy Birthday,
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Making Prayer Shawls are so special. My granddaughters helped me pick out the yarn for the "Purple" one I made. We said a special prayer together before I started the shawl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.