10/31/15

Harvest Moon Mandala

In many cultures, a full moon in the months of September and October is referred to as a Harvest Moon.  In Native American culture, the Harvest Moon of September represents the most advantageous time to pick or harvest crops.  This time frame gave them almost a half hour more to harvest their crops beneath the light of the moon.
Coincidentally, I finished this crocheted mandala on October's 'Full Moon'...the 27th...under the light of  an Ott Light.  If I were staying true to Native American Lore, I should have named this mandala Hunters Moon which is the full moon of October.  It represents the onset of hunting season when deer can be clearly seen by the light of the moon.  Let me see how I can make this work with the light of an Ott Light Bulb....Otter season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.