7/18/14

Sue's OverDone Button Bins Feature Pink Button Jewelry

I have been on a 'Button Bin Binge', and yes, some may say and think  I've OverDoneIt...again!  Ever since I wrote the post Button Sickness...A Real and Present Danger, I have worried about how my Button Collection has been organized and stored.

The warning of mixing metal buttons with any and all other buttons got me started separating and organizing the metal buttons.  Not such a difficult task, but of course I had to sort them in categories of metal color, size, shank or holes, collectible and so on.  Now I have a Silver Button Bin, a Gold Button Bin, and a Misc. Metal Button Bin.

The next order of  'Button Wellness' was to get the Collectible Celluloid and Bakelite buttons out of plastic baggies and into/onto acid free cards and open glass containers.  The experts stressed the need for them to breathe.  That's being done, and research ongoing for their worth and market value.

As it usually does when one is an 'OverDoer', one Button Bin Binge led to the next Mason Jar, Baggie,  and still on the 'Card' buttons....Button Market Crash Prompts New Strategy.  Hopefully, this organization will facilitate the production of 'OverDoSue's Eclections' of Button Jewelry.
Here is one of my favorites...fresh out of the Pink Button Bin!
Pink Buttons and Old Bowties
1960's Pink Shank Buttons with altered Vintage Bowtie clasp...Necklace and Earrings. 
Featured with 'Winter'...a watercolor from 1960's portfolio. 
Three Jars, a Bowl and a Plate Full and the Button Bins will be done.
Since I've separated out the 'Sickness Susceptible' Buttons,
I think the 'Plate Full' will go back in the Jars.
Afterall, what 'Bonafide Button Collector' does not have a Mason Jar full of Buttons?
Not this 'OverDoSue'!
Linking To
Beverly's How Sweet The Sound ~  PINK SATURDAY

6 comments:

  1. Sue, I just love your organized button bins! I need to go on a binge too, now that I've seen the wellness check list. :)

    It is funny because just this past couple of weeks Bebe (who is almost 6 yrs) had really gotten into sorting through buttons. It keeps her fascinated for about an hour which in my book is more valuable than the buttons themselves! Tee hee.

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cavalcade of colors. As a kid my grandmother had a huge jar of marbles. I loved pouring through them. I think the button jar would be equally as satisfying - tactile feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/20/2014


    Oh my, now I have to worry about my button stashes!!! I also have them in jars and tins and boxes and zip lock bags!! I'd better work on organizing them....you've set the bar really high for us button collectors!!

    Hope you had a HPS!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue - that's good that you're protecting the buttons and conforming to the requirements of the experts ... I do love well organised things .. colour matching etc ..

    Have fun sorting more out .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled the whole way through this post, Sue! Your jewelry is stunning! Now I need to go get my ~gasp~ metal tin full of fleamarket buttons and look them over. I'd never considered working them in with beads and other jewelry findings. How have you been? Hot down there, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I support the button hunt club. I have button sickness. I must if I see your collection of buttons and "oooooh's" and "ahhhh's" escape my lips. I am going to have to sort my metal buttons out. See what you have started? Buttons as art? Definitely. Your pink buttons? Perfectly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.