7/27/14

I BOUGHT Buttons...A Sympathy Buy

Lady at Antique Shop..."Here's a chair, a bottle of water, a scoop and a bag...have fun...and when you finish at the button TUB there's a CHEST full of old JEWELRY you can look through...more fun."

Are you kidding me??!!!  Like I don't have enough of both!!! 

None the less, I felt obligated to sit and sift through the 'Claw Foot Tub' FULL of Buttons.  Really, it was one of those BIG tubs, too, and when she said, "I have another one just like this one at home", I felt sorry for her.

Out of SixKabillionZillion Buttons I picked 6 and a Buckle.  That was one a minute...anymore time in that TUB and I'm sure I would have had a relapse of the Button Sicknesses I've been doctoring myself for these last few months. 

I am ever so grateful there are no known diseases attached to the about 1950's 
'Parklane Cornucopia' Broach/Pendant.
Even so, I would have risked it for $12...mint condition, too.
Yep, my Cornucopia runneth over...one on Ebay for $55.
What I have learned from this experience!
Styrofoam divided 'Dinner Trays' from Walmart not only make great
'Jewelry Work Trays', they make 'Stunning Photo Backgrounds'.
Great Values Day for Buttons, Broaches and Buffet!

4 comments:

  1. I HEART that pendant -- sensational. And just my colors. Oh you shouldn't have! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. once a button addict, always one. But you made that ladies' day with a purchase and she knows her stuff went to a good home. Charity work becomes you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Sue, Well done for resisting.... I know it was hard as I suffer with the same affliction. I love vintage buttons and vintage jewellery.... I can spend an age just rummaging around and I have to tell you, I would have gladly spent an hour or so looking through the tub of buttons and jewellery.... oh the joy!
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, should I bring you some buttons when I come next week????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.