7/4/14

It Is Patriotism

"You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every 4th, not with a parade
of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle,
but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy,
and the flies die from happiness. 
You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.
~Erma Bombeck~
 
I have always been a fan of Erma Bombeck.  Her down to earth, day to day quotes about life in the 'Good Ol Days' make me smile!  I remember swatting flies at our Family 4th Picnics, but I never thought of it as a Happy ending for them.  I probably was more concerned about them landing on the wax paper covered bowl of 'Iffy Potato Salad'.  It might have been a Tubberware Covered bowl, too.  At any rate, some things never change, and I'll probably be swatting flies and grandkids this coming 4th of July weekend. 
I hope YOU and YOURS have a SAFE and HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Erma always said what the rest of us were thinking but couldn't find the words. Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with an Erma Bombeck quote. Indeed - July 4th is lazy floating in the pool, iffy potato salad, and fireworks. The sparkler sizzle. Enjoy your family and flies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.