7/14/14

Black and Blue and Art All 'OverDoSue'

Is it Art? 
No worries, Ya'll, you don't have to answer, although you may decide one way or another as you browse through this 'Gallery Post'.  It is completely up to you!  BackInTheDay when I was an 'Art Student' working on my Masters, I DID have to answer the question "Is it Art?", and let me tell you some of the 'Stuff' I had to give a Yup or Nope was shocking to this here-to-fore 'Art Is Dalhart Windberg Bluebonnet Landscapes' Gal.
All along it was a 'TEST'.  My Yup's turned out to be Art alright, but my double the number of Nope's also turned out to be ART!  Needless to say, I failed the 'TEST', but learned quickly to say 'Yup' to ALL except the 'bogus bathroom sign' thrown in just to make sure I wasn't snoozing through the slideshow. 
That was a long time ago...like 31 years to be exact...and now, here I am
sifting through 'Old Portfolios' trying to decide...Is It Art? 
 If So then I'll keep it!  If No, then I'll trash it!
Is it Art?  What it was...was a 'practice' watercolor testing a block out product.
It must be Art...I kept it for over 30 years. 
In another 30 years it maybe priceless...or Not!
For now it works as a background for photographing my
OverDoSue Jewelry Eclections.
NOW THAT IS ART!!!
 
Linking To

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's a tough question. When I think about Jackson Pollock, I have to wonder how he commands thousands of dollars. Was he the first to throw paint? How did he know he was done? Don't get me wrong -- I really do appreciate innovation and testing boundaries. I guess every pre-schooler is a genius. And by the way, the way you arranged your jewelry against the block-out test sheet, especially with attention to the colors, is quite artistic. I bet ol' Jack would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    I'll bet your key keeper is a work of art since you treasure it!

    I have a bit of yarn a granddaughter crocheted for me. It's about the size of a quarter. It's my art.

    Isn’t it fun finding blues to share? Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Sue! Have you tried the app called Waterlogue? It turns photos into watercolors, using your iPhone. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the eye of the beholder theory stands. I think, from reading your blog, that your work is art and quite creative and nice. I've grown to appreciate artists' efforts, even if I would not give them a thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Blue. Very interesting post.
    Thanks for sharing. I like your Texas Bluebonnets too.
    My blue is cool!
    Have a great week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your art on paper, and I like your jewelry art as well. What a creative gal you are! I'm going to have to check out your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so artistic. Very lovely ! Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.