1/4/18

Doily Recycled Knitty Ditty Bag Binge

As you know if you have been a reader of CollectInTexasGal for awhile, I am a Recycler!  Certainly of all things that can go in the city provided recycle bins, but also of all things Fabric and Fiber.  I especially recycle-reuse-repurpose and try to resale my collection of vintage doilies and fabrics.
 
Here are a few examples of my latest vintage recycle efforts, and yes, they are bags.  I thought I was through making bags after the last Bag Buster Binge, but I just can't help myself!
Ditty Bag...A small container for odds and ends.
Long ago, Sailors used one to hold needles and thread. 
Some held everything from lipstick to crumbs of bread.
So, no matter how Odd your Ends are...this bag is for them.

Needleworkers Ditty Bag or in this case...Knitty Ditty Bag!

6 comments:

  1. That ditty bag is the size I like to use in my purse, and also for my take along projects. I need to use my doily's one day. I have a ton of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started making the Needlework Ditty Bag, and I really like the size, too. I've made the small zipper ones before and have completely ran out of them. I'm working my doily stash down little by little.

      Delete
  2. down to the nitty gritty on the ditty bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I need to keep at the nitty gritty ditty doings. Lots more to work with.

      Delete
  3. I have not heard the term “ditty bag”in AGES! I am glad the concept is alive and well in your hands. Happy New Year, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never given up on Ditty Bags. I'm a KnitWitty Ditty Bag gal. I don't know people get along without two or three of them. So fun to hear from you. Happy New Year to you Wendy!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.