1/20/14

Lucky Me!

The older we get, the more we appreciate 'Happy Birthday Wishes'
 from family and friends.
I can just imagine how happy my parents were to receive the cards and gifts on
January 20, 1947.
Why else would the Cards and Birth Announcement be in Mothers 1940's Photo Album?
Because they were like parents of all times
...they were Happy and Proud of their First Born...
and Mother was a 'Saver/Keeper' of Cards, Photos, Clippings and Letters.
In other words, she was a *Ephemeraist.
These cards were from Mother's Sister Elsie (top card), her friend Phyllis, and her Mom~my Grandma.  It's funny that she signed it with Grandma in parenthesis...all of her children and grandchildren called her Mom.  Maybe she wanted me to call her 'Grandma'. 
My Ephemeraist Mother's Lifetime Collection of *Ephemeramobilia continues to defy and redefine the meaning of the word Ephemera...
...things that are important or useful for only a short time: 
 items that were not meant to have lasting value.
She set the Saving/Keeper Standards high....I intend to Save/Keep them there.
Like Mother Like Daughter!
*Ephemeraist...new word in the SuDictionary  *Ephermeramobilia...another new word.
Again, I say...
The older we get, the more we appreciate 'Happy Birthday Wishes' from family and friends.
I love this Happy Birthday Wish from my BFF Beverly.
 
As women, we are only as strong as the hairspray we use,
the coffee we drink, and the girlfriends
we've been blessed with.
Lucky me!
And Happy Birthday to You!
 
Thank-you Beverly
Your card reminds me of these two BFF's
 Phyllis and Thelma...1946...I was just a 'Twinkle' in her eye!
Lucky Me!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to someone who must have some really strong hairspray (gosh, that line is hilarious!). Love your BFF's birthday card she made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) Birthday!!!! I'm late, as usual! Just keep on celebrating for the rest of January.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.