1/23/14

1940's Scrapbook Restoration Begins

My Mother's Scrapbook has been a thing of great interest and fascination to me for as long as I can remember.  When I was a little girl I loved seeing my baby pictures...
...Mother was in her Twenties.
As a teenager I got a kick out of my Mama's clothes, hairdos and dark lipstick...
...Mother was in her Thirties.
Days passed into weeks...weeks into months....months into years...
...Mother was in her Eighties when...
Her memories and 1940's Scrapbook was shared with the 1940 US Census Project.
http://collectintexasgal.blogspot.com/p/1940-us-census-community-project.html
~click on Banner for the 1940's US Census Community Project Posts~
 
The original scrapbook, started in 1941 is now 73 years old and has been through one restoration in 1997 where the deteriorating cover was saved by attaching it to a binder type folder.  The original pages were sheathed in sheet protectors.

Since that time, the quality and availability of Restoration products have made great strides and grown into the 'Scrapbooking Industry' of today.

In the last 17 years, the first restoration has held up well, but it is now time for what I plan to be the last restoration.  This restoration will reflect the Old Scrapbook's photos and memorabilia, and include the new photos and stories inspired by my Mother's being a part of the 'Greatest Generation'.

You are welcome to come along on this my Second Big Restoration Scrapbook Project.
Here's the Sidebar Tag where Restoration Posts will be linked.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful project! I hope you share what you do along the way. Tips and tricks will be welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxious to see your progress on the restoration of your family treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a worthy restoration! What a great way to memorialize your mother for the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.