12/5/10

Christmas Candles...Quilt Number Four

Christmas Magic

Are we too grownup to feel a thrill
As we light the Christmas tree?
Are we immune to cookies,
Christmas cards and Christmas glee?


Are we too adult to "Ooh" and "Aah"

At the Christmas candle's glow?
Are we blasé about our gifts;
Do we shun the mistletoe?

Are we too mature for carols,
Fat chance!
For merry or for jolly?
Do the decorations leave us cold,
The ornaments and holly?

We'll never grow too old

To love the Christmas magic.
A year without a Christmas
Would be boring, even tragic.

So bring it on!
The candy canes,
The feasting and good cheer;
O Christmas, lovely Christmas,
You're the highlight of the year!
By Joanna Fuchs
The Christmas Candle Quilt  hangs above the Fireplace Mantle....Finally!!!
It's been a 'WIP' (Work In Progress) since 2002 when the Embroidered Candle Design was the Christmas Featured Design for embroidery machines.  I made EIGHT embroidered Candle Blocks and pieced TWO quilts.  One as a Gift and one for me.




Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Mary and all the Participants at Mosaic Monday.

It has been one of the highlights of my Blogging in 2010 with everyones's Fabulous Photography and Magical Mosaics.

Thank You All for your Special Comments and Visits to CollectInTexas Gal.

See you Monday on Marys Little Red House ~Mosaic Monday!

22 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas candles quilt, Sue, and your fireplace looks so-ooo BEAUTIFUL!.. As for too old, adult, and mature??!.. Are you kidding?!! Hmph! I still believe in Santa!.. And oh my goodness, they'll probably have to pry the cookies out of my rigidified hands when the good Lord calls me Home! (0; LOL!.. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!
    Your house is looking full and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/05/2010

    Sue... the quilt is gorgeous... what a fabulous job you did on it, and 8 years?? Oh my.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt, Sue. Your house must look so festive with all your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful quilt Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! Love your Christmas quilts and poems for December.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is beautiful Sue! And when you stop believing in Santa you get socks! Remember that!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe also...my Mom always said if you quit believing...Santa stops visiting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt and mosaics are so lovely. It's nice to have a WIP done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful. Good for you for finishing the project. I love the special feelings that Christmas brings. Anticipation, Joy, giving...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt...and you made two of them...your mantle is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt! Just beautiful! The room looks so perfectly festive! Love the snow globe collection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That quilt is so beautiful and an amazing accomplishment. I hope that you find time for more quilting and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12/05/2010

    This is so beautiful, Sue! I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very beautiful quilt. Love the colors. Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful quilt and Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so lovely. The quilt is stunning. Everything looks so inviting and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sue- Your quilts are magnificent! How wonderful to have such talent. You'll have them to treasure for a long time and if you ever gift them to others, I'm sure that they truly appreciate the time and effort that goes into them. Thanks for stopping by for a visit to my mosaic post. I used to love saying to someone, "Talk to the hand!" when they gave me a hard time! How things change....
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is gorgeous, Sue. What a delightful scene your holiday decoration created. Its a joy to see, especially in a beautiful mosaic.
    be well, be happy,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. G'day Sue ~ Your quilt is awesome, I love the design & the fabulous fabrics. Your mantle is just lovely.

    Have a lovely Christmas week ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gush I love your quilt. And your decoration is very gorgeous.

    MM-Grapefruit

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilt is lovely! I bet it feels great to get it completed!! I have several I need to finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.