9/16/11

An Attractive Feature

Since the creation of my New 'Pink PhotoManiac' Collection, 
I've been on the search for the
Unusual Uncommon Rare Unique Distinctive Peculiar Anomalous Bizarre
....oh okay...the really Weird!
So, here I am at the Junktique Mall and I spot this 'Shades of Pink Hat'.
Not terribly Unusual, but Different and it's Pink!
Now, the Thingy under the hat...Unique...with that
 stylized 'Roarin' 20's Look' and those pink cheek spots!
Purrrfeeect PhotoManiacal!!!


So  I Zoom in on 'The Spot'!  But NOT the PINK one!!!
The Black Spot!  I always wanted one of those! 
 I had one too...for a very short while.
My Daddy said, "Sue, go wash off that hussy lookin' makeup, and be sure and scrub off that
BlackSpot."
"But Daddy, it's a Freckle."
"I've been lookin' at you for 13 years and you do not have a black freckle on your face. Wash it off."
So much for having a Beauty Mark/Freckle!

A beauty mark or beauty spot is a euphemism for a type of dark facial mole, so named because such birthmarks are sometimes considered an attractive feature.   Medically, such "beauty marks" are generally known as melanocytic nevus...
OMG that sounds seriously scary.
Moles of this type may also be located elsewhere on the body, and may also be considered beauty marks if located on the shoulder, neck or breast.
....hmmmm I wish I'd known that....
I might could have gotten away with one on my boob....on second thought...that Training Bra would probably have hidden it or rubbed it off...flat surface and all.
False beauty marks are sometimes applied to the face as a form of makeup...{been there done that}.  Beauty marks were particularly highly regarded during the eighteenth century and creating false ones became common, often in fanciful shapes such as hearts or stars. They could be purchased as silk or velvet patches known as "mouches" (flies).....really?

In the twentieth century Marilyn Monroe's beauty mark generated a new vogue.
The Monroe Piercing has gained popularity in recent years as a flexible way of approximating a beauty mark, and I'm sure you are dying to know about that flexible way of approximating a beauty mark.  Afterall we women of the Twenty-First Century are all about Flexibility.

A Monroe Piercing is a lip piercing placed off-center, above the upper lip on the left hand side and is meant to resemble Marilyn Monroe's beauty spot. 
Neeevvveeer Mind.....not that Flexible!!!
Wouldn't Marilyn just Flip...the Lip...come on!!!
Oh...there's more...words like scar, infection, and pain.  There's also a mention of long-term damage to teeth and gums.  That'd be a messed up Marilyn smile for sure!  Anyway, if you are thinkin' about having a Marilyn Monroe New Wave Beauty Mark, you might want to read up on it HERE.
Coincidentally, there are others writing and photographing Marilyn these days.  Yep, she's back in the Movies and on the cover of Magazines...wearing a Pink dress and her famous 'Spot'.  HERE is OMG's online press release.

Ya'll know Beverly has a Beauty Spot!!!
It's PINK....Pink Saturday
on
I bet she'll let you borrow her PINK Marker!!!

As Always Thanks Beverly for
 Making Saturday's Pink!!!

PS...did you notice Beverly made Vogue, too.  It's right there by Marilyn's elbow.
PPS...the other thing that I always wanted like Marilyn....cleavage!


12 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I have beauty marks all over my entire body ... freckles!Love your post, You wait long enough & with age you'll get cleavage, lmty!! Chuckle.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!

    My Share of Pink, have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the pouty lips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most powerful woman on the internet, he, he! You are so clever. Wouldn't Marilyn be surprised to know people are still trying to look like her? Happy Pink Saturday! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just one remarkable lady! You make stopping by so much fun! I know some young girls still trying to recreate Marilyn's looks! She would have been proud!
    My dad was strict with the make up too! But I always will be grateful. I see some sights with young women and they seem to have no role models other than some of these trashy celebs today! Ugh!
    HPS and enjoy the weekend. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha you crack me up. Painting a BM on your face at 13! Honey me and my sisters had so many freckles that at summers end we looked like someone flicked a brown paint brush at us. Cleavage? I never had boobs until I turned 40. I asked God for bigger boobs and the darn things won't stop growing and he won't take them back! Be careful for what you ask for from the man upstairs!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, I remember when it was all the fashion to have a beauty mark. If you weren't born with one, just paint it on. Now you can have it tatooed and it'll be there forever!!
    So happy you stopped by, I have been a very bad blogger this summer. Loved your post girlie, Char

    ReplyDelete
  8. tooo funny... you lil hussy what a hoot ! We weren't allowed to wear make up at all.
    and don't think I'm that flexible either, I just don't understand putting holes in your body (other than ear lobes of course LOL)
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday...you made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this post! So cute. I tried a beauty mark once. I got the same response as you. It didn't last long either.
    Don't you hate it when you young waitress comes to take your order and when she speaks you see the stud piercing on her tongue. Ugh!
    Thank for your visit and kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sue, I wrote you a comment and it timed out. This was last night. We had been to a Gator football game in Florida and we were at out daughters home in JAX, FL. It timed out because I fell asleep. HA! Well now we are back home in NC when I pulled up my computer, it reminded me that I timed out and your post popped up. I'll try to stay awake this time. (The FL.Gators beat Tenn)

    Your post made me smile. Who wouldn't like to look like Marilyn Monroe? We used to take our eyebrow pencil and twirl it on our cheek to mimic a beauty mark. Young girls and makeup is a given.

    I love the hats. I remember wearing those too. I think life was a bit more gracious then. Now, we love casual but to tell the truth I still love to put a pretty dress on. It is probably my age. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cracked me up. I tried creating the BM once, but what started out as a tiny dot that I didn't think looked natural enough, ended up about dime-size. Yeah, that looked totally natural!

    Loved the photos of the lovely talavera. We see that quite a bit here in AZ, too.
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.