8/3/14

The Modella Files Revealed At First Saturday Event

The Modella Files.
Sometimes I outsmart myself!  Such is the case for the Modella Files which were born out of two proverbs.  First...'Necessity  is the Mother of Invention' and secondly, 'Make Do and Mend'.   So successful were the recycled file folders, skirt hangers, and scrapbook papers in catching the attention of folks at 'First Saturday at The Chicken Farm Art Center, that the Jewelry became secondary. 
 That's okay!  It was a great conversation starter. I am always pleasantly surprised how many people are into recycling and making do with what they have.  Talking about the Modella Files was a great opener for sharing how my 'Vintage To Vogue' jewelry is made, where it comes from, and that it is also 'Recycled-Renewed-Repurposed'.
It is always a challenge to figure out how to get the most out of what you have when setting up a booth space at a show.  For the last three 'First Saturdays' my space has been on the porch of Sims Fiber Arts Studio in a space about 6x8 feet.  An ironing board that is NOT used for ironing clothes makes a great table/counter.
 A Christmas Ornament Tree makes a perfect hanging display for jewelry
 and a Lazy Susan makes it viewable all around.  
I have to say though, that my favorite and most attention catching display is my
 'Dressmaker Form/Jewelry Model'...Jewel Modella!
She never said a word about standing in the hot August Sun all day long.
She is a Jewel!

9 comments:

  1. great displays and the perfect Modella, and you look like a model too. Sounds like a really nice Saturday (and "cool" for august).

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely brilliant! that's a very smart way to use what you've got without breaking the bank. hope you did very well at First Saturday and you look lovely in your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - I'm sure you'll be seeing your idea all over blogdom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such clever displays...I love the draped ironing board and the color blocks...smart! I saw one this weekend at a flea market that worked wonders..it was a wire basket inverted with earrings hanging between the wires. It was so easy to pick up and spin around to see what was displayed full-circle.
    Lovely vender displaying too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colorful display. It's the kind that always catches my eye at arts and crafts shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment. During the summer blogging becomes secondary to being outside and gardening.
    What you've done with the files is fun and the necklaces are all pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue - the display of all your goodies does look amazing and I hope you had a successful time ... fun and very creative ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this must have been so successful with such great displays.
    You are one smart lady...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw some jewelry in Fredericksburg on Saturday, and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.