11/12/11

Vintage Photos...Collecting and Sharing On Pink Saturday

I love old photos...especially ones of my ancestors...but related or not, I find collecting them to be an intriguing look into the Past.  I am afterall, looking at 'Real People' who lived real lives with real families, hopes dreams and aspirations.  

  One of my favorite ways of collecting old photos is as part of a Still Life Photo.  Like the two I'm showing here for Pink Saturday.  They are not part of my physical collection, but part of my Photos of  Vintage Photos Collection.   I start with a photo and add pieces to the set up that relate to what the photo says to me.  For instance, the young man in the heavy coat.  Just look at that coat with those big buttons....old cards of big buttons....perfect prop.  I knew I'd be using this for Pink Saturday so I needed a touch of pink and found it in the vintage pin cushion of fabric from about the same era.   Don't you think that the coat looks a bit too big for him?  Hmmmmm....there's a STORY in there, too...another Prompt for another Pink Saturday!

Here's a list of Vintage Photo Websites that might interest Ya'll.
Be sure and check out the SideBars of each of these sites for
Links to More Vintage Photo Sites.

I am very fortunate to have these Family Heirlooms and original photographs of my Great Grandmother. 
 Don't they make a wonderful Photo for My Vintage Photo Collection?
See My Great Grandmothers Vintage Photo Album in the Post below

Speaking of Treasures....Beverly at How Sweet The Sound
And As Always...Thanks Beverly for Making Saturday Pink!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty!

    Would you mind visiting my PINK please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to display the old photos - new life for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again another beautiful post . . . I love old photos too . . . as you said, they lived real lives . . . so very true. Great Pink Saturday post, Sue, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful post! you're so creative to add lovely bits and pieces to match the old photos, i too love old photos, and such treasure to still have an old photo of your great grandmother, she looks so lovely! thanks for dropping by and Happy Pink Saturday!

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those old vintage photos! It is so interesting to think about or imagine who they were and what their lives were like. Your great grandmother was beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love all things vintage and your photos are wonderful. Such beauty! I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sue, I am so glad my piggy baby brought a smile to your face today. We all need a bit of sunshine from time to time and your lovely photo shoots brought some to me. I have always loved old photos. I too wonder what kind of life did they have somewhere in time. The most special photo is your great grandmother. She was a beautiful elegant woman. I remember my great grands on my mother's side of the family. They lived in MI across the street from my mother's oldest brother. They wintered in Kissimmee,
    Florida in tents. I have a photo of them sitting with friends in front of their fancy tent. They were dressed in formal Victorian clothing like they might be going to Church. By coincidence we lived in Kissimmee,FL. for several years before we moved to NC. I remember a 'grand' family celebration when we still lived in MI and our great grands gave all of us a silver dollar. The silver dollars were on a silver tray with shiny Easter like grass. There was lots of them and my great grandmother passed them around so we could pick one off the tray. I remember because it was so magical. I kept that silver dollar until in my twenties I was so broke I spent it for gas. Sigh!!

    Boy did you bring back some memories. Thanks Sue.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I love the way you accessorized the photos, I've never thought of anything like that. The buttons make a really nice addition and ofcourse the pink doilies. I have quite a few family photos also and count it a privilage to be the keeper of them. Thanks for stopping by today, love to hear from you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful way to display old photos. They all look amazing. Happy Pink Saturday. Garce

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sue, This was not only a wonderful Pink Saturday post,it was very interesting as well...I will be reading more later after I join "following" you. I am also very interested in old photos, your right...these were pictures of real people, with real lives... fascinating!
    Happy Pink Saturday...
    Grace
    Thanks for your visit,its really appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Pink Saturday post. You do such a great job of photographing your items. Very talented you are!!!!

    Have a great weekend. We are now home after a 5 week visit to our home in Ky. Nice to be back in the desert (much cooler than when we left 5 weeks ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HPS a bit late! Love your photos and that great grandmother one is beautiful! Love to you and HiHoney!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.