11/10/11

TreasureChest Thursday...Family Heirloom Photo Album

Dear Great Grandmother,
I am writing you today on Great Grandfather Stephen's 139th birthday, to let you know that your Photo Album is safe and treasured.   I wonder about your thoughts as you placed the photos in the album. 

Like the Family Portrait of you, Stephen, Othello, Merritt and Estella, my Grandmother.  You wrote on the back 'self and family..all children brown eyes' and then signed your name, address and directions to the farm where you were living.   Did you know how important that bit of information would be?    Did you wonder about me?

I think you must have, for if not for you, I would not be me.  And The Album... well, Martha Jane Marley Carroll....it is proof that you were a Family Genealogist....just like me.

Your Grateful GreatGranddaughter,
Sandra Sue


Stephen Bennett and Martha Jane Marley Carroll's Family Heirloom Album
can be viewed on
Tracks of My Texas Ancestors
Link HERE.
The Album is a Restoration Work In Progress
Many of the Photos are still unidentified.

4 comments:

  1. Sue ~ what a wonderful treasure . . . this post pretty much touched my heart . . . beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue, I love those old Victorian photo albums. How wonderful that you have it now. I love your letter and the photos. Good for you for following your past and sharing it with us. I love your stories.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful to have such an old heirloom.

    Thanks for wonderful comments of the TV interview

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a treasure you have there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.