12/27/18

Twas' All in the Trappings and Wrapping

Twas' the Season for less of the usual 'Trappings' and more about the 'Wrapping'.
A few days after Thanksgiving I had the best of intentions toward the usual trappings of tree, wreaths, stockings and all that decorating stuff.  The tree came out of the closet and sat in the living room for a couple of weeks with one lone ornament hanging on it's fake fir...left from last year. 

The Christmas Spirit was not moving me to get out the boxes and boxes of ornaments, lights and all that jazz, so back to the closet for a tiny tree...15" or so and fully decorated.  Along with a Santa Quilt wall hanging, candles, a few Santa figures and a red and green rag rug runner on top of the Quilt Cupboard it was enough HoHoHo decorating.  Am I becoming a Merry Minimalist?  I guess so for this year anyway.  Oh, about the fake fir...it did not go back to the closet, but to the front porch!  I liked it there all lit up with one ornament.
Twas' all about the 'Wrapping'!
Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!
I'm gearing up for the New Year!

2 comments:

  1. You poured your heart out on your store, not much left over on the home front. But that snowman looks cute and festive. Another year winding down. All the best to you and your family and here's to a healthy fun 2019

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our son put up the tree and lights, but, it only has 2 ornaments on it (both gifts this year). I didn't pull out the stockings until Christmas eve night. No other decorations this year. Maybe next year I'll go all out.....we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.