5/4/15

AtoZ REFLECTION...Connections~Perfections~Suggestions

Reflection Connections
I've enjoyed watching your childhood in Texas - quite a contrast to mine in PA. Yet here we are Blogland friends and a lot in common. Joanne
Back in the 1950's and 1960's here's what I knew about kids in PA...they could go see the Liberty Bell.  I don't know if Joanne has seen the Liberty Bell, but I do know she will let me know as soon as she reads this 'Reflection Post'.   
We had such different childhoods (I grew up in New York City) but, through the magic of the Internet, and the A to Z, I was able to peek into your life. Alana 
Who knew that anyone would be interested in a small town Texas gals life growing up back in the 50's and 60's...yet here's a girl from New York City who was.
How was it all possible?
As Alana said..."through the magic of the Internet and The AtoZ April Challenge".
And from my 2015 theme...
...A Collection of Stories based on my Mother's Shoebox Album
 and my 1960's Scrapbooks.
 
Reflection Perfections
Thank-you to...
 Arlie and the Co-hosts of AtoZ April Challenge
AJ Lauer, Co-host and Fellow Minions...I loved being a wHooligan!
 All who participated (List)...Congratulations!
 CollectInTexas Gal Visitors and Commenters!
CITexasGal Blog Roll...Daily Commenters
Joanne...Word Splash
Julie...Empty Nester
Wendy...Jolliet etc.
 
Reflection Suggestions
Posted on AtoZ Challenge Home Page 
Example: Sue at CollectInTexas Gal AtoZ 2015 Challenge
Minion for AJ's wHooligans
AtoZ Blog Roll
Create a Blog List to Share with Readers.
Display on Sidebar...1 click to AtoZ posts.
AtoZ Posts Collection
AtoZ 2015 Posts Re-Run
Consecutive Posts from ZtoA
~Here is a way to compile/collect all of your AtoZ posts in one place/file.
~Makes for easy reading/sharing for Readers to CatchUp on your AtoZ Challenge.
~Makes for easy  'Editing' for a future Publication.
Easy to do in Blogger
l.  Create a LABEL in Post Settings...Mine is 2015AtoZ
2.  Label all posts you want included...Blogger will file them on one page.
3.  Create a Picture Tag...Go to Layout...Add Gadget Image...Link to LABEL page.
4.  Display on Sidebar.
 
Please click on my AtoZ 2015 Posts Re-Run Tag which will be on the Sidebar for awhile.  Later it will be moved to the bottom of this home pages 'Storage Unit' to join the previous three years of AtoZ Challenges. 
 
Thanks again to everyone who helped make this a fantastic AtoZ Challenge experience. 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shoutout! Incidentally, I think I'm the person who made the comment about enjoying your childhood as mine was so different. And if I didn't say that, I want to say it now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alana...it was YOU...my mistake in getting several of my favorite commenters and their blogs confused. Thanks for all of your wonderful comments and for the amazing journey you shared on your AtoZ theme. I can now claim to have a Blogging Friend in New York City!

      Delete
  2. Back in the day (before 1976 Bicentennial), school kids on trips to the Liberty Bell got to touch it with grubby fingers. So, yes - I visited and touched the Liberty Bell! Thanks for the shout out and the super excellent job on A to Z. I've been enjoying your blog anyway, but April added another dimension. Yes we are blog friends and we are in the same big state now - I bet we'll run into each someday. I hope so. Take care and now back to "normal" busy Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue. I love what you did with the Reflections badge, Survivor badge and your pictures! So original! Thank you for taking us back to a simpler time! Your posts brought back so many memories of my older sisters! And thank's for the shout out.
    Stopping in from Life & Faith in Caneyhead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue. First, let me tell you that I heven't read all yoru posts yet, but I will, and then yes, I did enjoye your theme a lot and I think this is truly the magic of Internet. I always joke with a friend of mine that I dislike globalization... but it has its good parts ;-)

    I will sure be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your theme so much. It was like watching Donna Reed, Leave It To Beaver, Ozzie and Harriett, Father Knows Best. Such a good time to grow up. It also reminds me that OUR story will be the subject of some future blogger. Some day, a descendant will find this and marvel that Great-Great-Great Grandma Sue was ever a presence on that primitive Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though the #A2ZChallenge completed a few days ago, I'm still discovering new blogs as I work my way down the list. I'm glad I found yours! Very impressive blog! I'm going to have to read more of your articles now!!

    I am a child of the same era.

    --Mee (The Chinese Quest)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I've said it before, but it's worth mentioning again, how happy I am that we met during A to Z! You chose wonderful quotes that aptly described how much of your heart and soul went into all of your A to Z posts. I love your idea of compiling all of the A to Z stories together!Thanks so much for the shout-out Sue, and I look forward to seeing a lot more of you.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue - as I failed completely with the signature thing - I will give that a go (again!!) and try the compilation, and I want to redesign the blog ... I'll be going off air for a while - so I can concentrate: but you guessed it - I'll be in touch for help!!

    Loved reading the posts and seeing how all your memorabilia from those days has been kept - also learning more about crafting and Texas as we went through ... amazing skills you acquired ...

    Yes - thanks so much for the shout outs - you've been so supportive ... and I'll be in contact ... !! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all you did to make this a successful challenge! Looking forward to 2016!
    Mary www.JingleJangleJungle.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there.
    Congratulations on completing the challenge! I actually got to visit your blog during the crazy month of April. I'm popping over again today from the Road Trip/Reflections linky.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.