2/22/15

Blogging & Social Media...It's a VisaVersa Circle

Although Blogland and Blogging have been on my mind lately, it was not my intention to get up this morning and MakeOver CollectInTexas Gal.  But I did.  It's the fourth or fifth time this year, and we are only two months into 2015. 

It isn't a big deal to me...this Tri-Monthly Makeover...it's just the way I roll and always have.  Change this, fix that, tweak here, delete, add, resize and explore all options...that's my blog mindset.

I'm comfortable with the changes I make here on CollectInTexas Gal.  They are made with several things in mind.  There is the obvious...like headers, tags, tabs and layout.  Then, hopefully, the not too obvious addition of AdSense and Amazon Ads.  And finally, the combing/meshing of multi-blogs and multi-interests all rolled up in this one Blog.  It is a Collection of this Texas Gal...so there YaGo!

No doubt there have been changes in Blogland since my first post in August 2009.  Technology and the wildfire spread of Social Media has impacted Blogs and Bloggers in every Media Genre.

I've been web-reading about the decline of blogging and the reasons there for.  It is kind of a no-brainer to acknowledge that the Social Media Platforms have had the greatest impact on the decline of particular components of blogs...specifically...comments.

Even for me, a change adapter, the options for discouraging spammers, hackers and robots are discouraging...for legitimate commenters.  I am still an Old Blogger commenter who believes in commenting on the bloggers content in a positive manner then sharing an experience that relates to that content.  It's why I'm not a good Tweeter!

None the less, I am realizing that more and more Blog Readers are becoming just that...Blog Readers.  It's a sign of the 'Fast Paced GetErDone' times.  Folks are busy and there is just so much time one can cover all the people and places to interact with on one's computer, smart phone, tablet and whatever else technology has to offer.  For me that would be a Sewing Machine and Microwave, which are potential shares/posts/tweets on Social Media and Blogs.  I tell you, it's a vicious visa versa circle!

7 comments:

  1. The joy lies in the people connection and I find blogging more orderly and honoring of people than social media like Facebook and Instagram and all the rest. I'll keep on. I only neglect to comment when I am on my iPad and I have to peck out the words on the touch keyboard. I like my typing keyboard best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Karen...the joy lies in the people connection! So glad we made that connection so many blog years ago and that we shall endure on our PC keyboards.

      Delete
  2. I like the new look. I don't have the patience in the computer world. You are far bolder and hence your blog always looks fresh and current. In regards to reading and commenting - I try to go for quality and not quantity. Once I make a "blog friend" I stick with her or him. Here I am Sue - stuck like one of your glue guns and glitter. I shall be a faithful reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Joanne Gal...thank goodness for you! You always add your very own 'Sparkle' to 'pert near' every post I've made since our meeting in last April's AtoZ Challenge. So happy to have you 'Stuck On Me' and visa versa!

      Delete
  3. Blogging is the only 'social media' that I do. You know me well enough to know that I do comment frequently. I will admit that I spend way too much time reading blogs. If I did all the social media stuff, I'd never get off the computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you do all you do, Cheryl. You are so generous with your time with the Quilt for Valor Project and the Quilting Guilds, and your blog is always so informative and fun to view. I think you are in your element with blogging and use it wisely. Reading blogs, whether you comment or not, is purposeful and enlightening. I always feel blessed when you visit and doubly pleased when I get to visit with you here or by email. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I'm not a good tweeter either. I try not to be discouraged by the thought that blogging is disappearing. I stumble upon dead blogs a lot - probably a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon when Blogger made it so easy to do so. But blogging is a commitment, and that's tough for some people.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.