6/10/14

RETRO ReMake on Monday Monday

Monday, Monday, so good to me; Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.


Yep, it was all I hoped it would be. 
From the moment I found the glass pendant in a bag of jewelry to be re-purposed, I envisioned  a 'WireArt' bail (hanger).  It's original necklace strap was a black string...so not enough for this exquisite handblown piece with dichroic glass.
 
Dichroic glass first appeared in a few pieces of Roman glass from the 4th century and consists of a translucent glass containing colloidal gold and silver particles dispersed in the glass matrix.  In modern times a composite of non translucent micro layers of metals are produced in thin strips which fuses in...as the pendant...or to glass...as the beads.

It is a fun and creative process which I have had the opportunity to do in a jewelry making class.  Which takes me back to the RETRO aspect of this post and Monday Monday.  Yep, it's the 'Mama's and the Papa's' and 1966.



There you have it...a 'BackInThe Day' Monday Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. lovely piece of jewelry and great tune. California Dreamin' was always my fave, but Monday, Monday was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wire bail, it really does make the piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.