10/17/11

Flowers That Fly


May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
~Irish Blessing~

Butterflies are self propelled flowers.
~R.H. Heinlein~

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.
~Unknown~

But these are flowers that fly and all but sing:
And now from having ridden out desire
They lie closed over the wind and cling
Where wheels have freshly sliced the April mire.
-Robert Frost 'Blue-Butterfly Day'~


8 comments:

  1. Love the quote and OH, true...if nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful..will have to share them with my son. He loves butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one is a little jeweled miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vibrancy of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enchanting creature the butterfly

    I think we were on the same wave lenght with our
    post today. Stop by and see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is beautiful! I love the butterfly post. Glad to see that somebody in Texas is still speaking to Oklahoma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics Sue, love the colors-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sue! You know my heart! I love butterflies. I find them fascinating and I like the poem here. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.